S-10 Forum banner
61 - 77 of 77 Posts

Registered
Local Wrench-A-Part score on Sunday. They had a half price sale for the first hour, then 40% off and so on.
Scored pewter paint matched loaded driver's door, passenger fender, grill and...drum roll...hood with no damage. None will require so much as touch-up. Lucky me, truck just hit the lot Saturday.
$180 for all.
Also scored 4 - 411 PCM's and 10 wiring pigtails for another $40.

94 4x4,01 Blazer
2001 Blazer 4dr 4wd LT
Newest Addition to my collection- 1989 K5 (split year mongrel)
Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle
Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Registered
03 GMC Sonoma SLS & 04 Chevrolet Blazer Ls
Discussion Starter · #66 · (Edited)
Change spark plugs replaced with ACDelco 41-993 and only pulled one spark plug wire apart easy fix but still annoying. And since I change to a smaller steering shaft it is easier to change # 3 spark plug.

Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Automotive exterior Hood Auto part

Registered
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Change tire size using HP tuners since I put the new rims and tires on. The new tire was a 0.40 smaller in size it through the speedo off just a little.

Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Registered
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
Started to replace my fuel pump today. Looks like the last owner used a eBay replacement fuel pump. I'm just going to put the Quantum 340-LPH (90-GPH) I ordered for my LS swap. The last owner hacked up the wiring for the fuel pump so I need to fix & replace the Connector . I ordered a new Delphi Connector & pins for the wiring harness will be here tomorrow and added 40 amp relay in the back to run the new pump. Then I ran a 10 gauge wire from the relay to the front fuse box. Then 12 gauge wire from the relay to the pump it should have plenty of power to support it now.

New fuel pump relay.
Automotive tire Bumper Trunk Automotive exterior Vehicle door

Registered
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
Replaced Ignition Control Module & Crankshaft Position Sensor. Did not have any P0 code's but I did have RPM skipping and loss power after 3500 RPM .

Registered
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
Well today is my lucky day between the fuel pump going bad and the ignition module doing the same it caused a PO171 & P0174 & now P0101 it caused it to take out my catalytic converter lucky me $450 down the drain. The exhaust has almost no output and it's pinging like no tomorrow when you step on the gas. Hopefully I can warranty the catalytic converter but for right now I'm just going to put a test pipe in and disabled the P0420 with HP tuners.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
New catalytic converter on its way. Since I purchased it through Amazon they warranted it no questions asked told me to throw the old one away.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
Had me a weird one today. I thought I needed to replace the transmission mount in the Blazer. When I got under there Mount is fine the two bolts to go from the mount into the tail housing no longer there? I removed the mount and the holes are totally stripped out. I had to put Heli-Coil in there to fix the threads. What's really weird is the aluminum in the tail shaft is really soft. I wonder if the company that rebuilt the transmission bought when those cheap Chinese replacements tail housing.

Registered
Went to the salvageyard and stumbled across my old 4 door
Car Tire Vehicle Wheel Vehicle registration plate

Sky Car Vehicle Wheel Tire

• Sad
Reactions: MyWorkInProgress

time to get cereal
I know not everyone here would agree but 2 doors > 4 doors by far. I wouldn't care if all 4 doors went up in a blaze, no pun intended.

61 - 77 of 77 Posts