S-10 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
03 GMC Sonoma SLS & 04 Chevrolet Blazer Ls
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
I was thinking more along these lines... View attachment 352607
Tried that already because of the nutserts it looks like it has a gold washer underneath it . Just ugly to me. I rather have the roof rack on then to see that, but that's just me.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
I ditched the 105 amp alternator and upgraded to the Delphi145 amp. And I put an overdrive pulley on it to help keep voltage up at idle.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 · (Edited)
Today on the 04 Blazer I upgraded the water pump to a high flow pump P/N 130-1820P. The stock one was fine until it hit 111°F outside then I could not keep the temp under 225°F with the AC on. It was definitely heat soaking the antifreeze. Hopefully that cures the problem but I have to wait for the next 100°F day which would be this weekend. Also had to figure out why I was getting a misfire on cylinder #5. Did injector balance test all was good. Then I checked the spark plug wire looked okay but replaced it anyways and did the same with the spark plug. Still didn't fix the misfire so finally pulled the new distributor cap and found a small crack in the cap on #5 cylinder runner right next to #1 cylinder. It had lots of carbon scoring and dust from it arcing to #1 cylinder. They just don't make ACDelco like they used to.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Just spent a nice fun hour and a half with a wire brush on my air tool removing one of those stupid eco friendly plastic bags they say we need here in California. That bag welded itself all over the muffler hard as a rock. Also switched out my 3-in belltech lowering blocks for some 3-in 2 degree tapered lowering blocks on the rear.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Bought a perfect dash from a pick-a-part for my '04. It had velcro strips so I knew it had been under a dash mat. Vinyl is still very pliable. $34
They are getting hard to find in good condition not cracked for the late 2002 - 05 double DIN dash. Especially in graphite.

·
Registered
822 Posts
I have a contact at our local pick & pull that lets me know when they come in so I get first shot at some of them.
ALL of this stuff is getting somewhat hard to find, I'm hanging onto some of the harder things like stepside beds, unbroken door panels and of course dashes.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Before I got called into work I replaced driver and passenger weather stripping. Order them from LMC truck. They are nice replacements they are in little fatter then the original OEM sealing up all the little gaps no more air sound from around the doors.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Today I reprogrammed my PCM in my 04 Blazer using HP tuners I added dual fan control so I can run them off the PCM. What was nice is I downloaded the PCM with the hypertech map still in it so I was able to reupload it back into the PCM no more need for the hypertech programmer. I also disabled that pesky P0128 (Coolant Temperature Below Thermostat Regulating Temperature) no more stupid engine light when it's too cold outside.

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
Bought it two days ago, 2001 with 96,000 miles. Only things wrong other than a few minor dings is the shocks are gone (prob. original), radio doesn't work on FM and the driver front door hinge pins have no bushings (Go figure.) It's my least favorite color but it's super solid.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tail & brake light

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Today I added the 2 pins to the Blue & Green plugs on the PCM for fan one and two and tested works great just had to figure out a little bit of programming in the HP tuners to make both fans work correctly.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Made a 500 mile round trip to pick up an '03 2wd 2-door Blazer in Sandalwood Metallic. Had a small engine fire, needs a piece of wiring harness, windshield, wiper motor and a few other things. It was caught quickly enough to put it out with no more damage than that. No engine or trans. Other than the hood, the body is very straight. Clearcoat is still very good, I'm going to have the few door dings pushed out and rough up the clear and put a couple of coats of more modern clearcoat on it. Interior is worn but fine. Floor shift. $500 with clear title, I'll make that trip every day. This makes 9, enough for my very own baseball team!

·
Been there Done it
14,398 Posts
Got me beat I only have 7 S-10s. 9 others, tho. Keeps me out of mischief. Plan for today is figure out why the S10 02 CC lost rear brakes, again. Did the main rear brake line last year.
Living in the salt belt gives you something to do continually.

·
Registered
822 Posts
I have some Tahoes for the grandkids when they get old enough, and a 1-ton 4WD 454 single cab that I'l be dropping my work bed onto, tool boxes with a 1500lbs hydraulic lift gate.
I'm done with full size stuff other than those. These are so much easier to work on, lighter, everything interchanges. Everything I have is straight and rust free, lucky to live where I do. I know that RCSB's, 2-door blazers and crewcabs are always going to be sought after, so that's what I grab. This is my side retirement account that keeps me out of bars and whorehouses, it doesn't affect our household finances and she knows how much I like wrenching. It helps a lot to have a well run Wrench A Part nearby, they always have at least a dozen S10's and inventory is cycled every 6 months or so.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Today routine maintenance added about a half a quart of oil and topped off the coolant overflow and refilled the windshield wiper fluid. Last week I did change the timing maps I used the timing maps from a 2006 GMC Sierra 4.3l 5 speed. Add a little pep to it. The timing maps from the 06 or way better than the 04 that's my opinion.

·
Registered
1998 Chevy S10 - LS w/ZR2 - 4x4 - 4l60e Auto
30 Posts
41 - 60 of 76 Posts