S-10 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
I have a contact at our local pick & pull that lets me know when they come in so I get first shot at some of them.
ALL of this stuff is getting somewhat hard to find, I'm hanging onto some of the harder things like stepside beds, unbroken door panels and of course dashes.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Made a 500 mile round trip to pick up an '03 2wd 2-door Blazer in Sandalwood Metallic. Had a small engine fire, needs a piece of wiring harness, windshield, wiper motor and a few other things. It was caught quickly enough to put it out with no more damage than that. No engine or trans. Other than the hood, the body is very straight. Clearcoat is still very good, I'm going to have the few door dings pushed out and rough up the clear and put a couple of coats of more modern clearcoat on it. Interior is worn but fine. Floor shift. $500 with clear title, I'll make that trip every day. This makes 9, enough for my very own baseball team!

·
Registered
826 Posts
I have some Tahoes for the grandkids when they get old enough, and a 1-ton 4WD 454 single cab that I'l be dropping my work bed onto, tool boxes with a 1500lbs hydraulic lift gate.
I'm done with full size stuff other than those. These are so much easier to work on, lighter, everything interchanges. Everything I have is straight and rust free, lucky to live where I do. I know that RCSB's, 2-door blazers and crewcabs are always going to be sought after, so that's what I grab. This is my side retirement account that keeps me out of bars and whorehouses, it doesn't affect our household finances and she knows how much I like wrenching. It helps a lot to have a well run Wrench A Part nearby, they always have at least a dozen S10's and inventory is cycled every 6 months or so.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Local Wrench-A-Part score on Sunday. They had a half price sale for the first hour, then 40% off and so on.
Scored pewter paint matched loaded driver's door, passenger fender, grill and...drum roll...hood with no damage. None will require so much as touch-up. Lucky me, truck just hit the lot Saturday.
$180 for all.
Also scored 4 - 411 PCM's and 10 wiring pigtails for another $40.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts