S-10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Replacing upper and lower control arms on my 04 Chevy Blazer also adding Bell tech 4202 1in drop springs with new MOOG spring insulators and shocks. And if I have time replace bushings and door pins in both doors.

·
Premium Member
1994 GMC Jimmy SLE 4.3 CPI 4x4
472 Posts
Picked the old girl up from the shop again, made it home this time! Going to get her cleaned up for Memorial Day weekend!

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just got done with the upper and lower control arms. This 04 Blazer was a virgin. The control arms were not ever replaced. it fought me tooth and nail all the way. Then my spring compressor broke it gave me a Jesus moment :eek:. What a beautiful day it was.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Replace door speakers and dash tweeters with Pioneer TS-D65C and replace rear speakers with Pioneer TS-D69F . Forgot how fun it was to replace the rear 6X9s on a two-door Blazer.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Had to replace my HVAC box today two 2 of 3 doors inside were broken thanks to the defrost vent falling to pieces and going down inside and blocking the doors. Had an extra one from my 03 Sonoma fit perfect.
Broken

New used one from Sonoma.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Replaced both exhaust manifolds. Tried to just replace the studs in the original exhaust manifolds but they all broke off into the manifold. Also replace driver and passenger motor mounts. both of them were ripped in half. And started on my custom steering shaft.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
29,010 Posts
Replaced both exhaust manifolds. Tried to just replace the studs in the original exhaust manifolds but they all broke off into the manifold. Also replace driver and passenger motor mounts. both of them were ripped in half. And started on my custom steering shaft.
Why did you take the top off of your center console??

·
B4U Task Force Admin
29,010 Posts
There is something wrong with the wiring harness that plugs into the shifter. I swapped the shifter still had the same issue so I swapped the harness and so far no more issues.
2 10mm bolts and a couple of screws and the entire console lifts off.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Put the rebuilt 4L60e in today started the run the 6-AN trans cooler lines. Couldn't finish all the lines waiting on fittings to show up.

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
I saw these on the Dakota Digital web site and thought hmm "I like buying good gifts for my mistress lol nobody will know but me hand her eheheh!" I came across this new direct fit option. I'm glad that they make something else for the first gen S-10s. The only thing I don't like is that the turn signals are small and in the MPH gauge. Overall I think they will be nice fit.
View attachment 350646

View attachment 350647

1 - 12 of 12 Posts