S-10 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yea i used to have a setup with 2 mb quart's12 that would distort your voice after awhile i was just wondering around what levels that would be

·
NTBSSHEVN
9,248 Posts
About a bagillion debbeezz.

The only way to know is to get Termlab mic and see.

And hertz and DB are 2 different things.

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
at around 130db can start to cause damage, I have been into car for a ltiile over 10 years and can honestly tell you I do not have great hearing, my right ear if someone talks kind of softly it just sounds kind of muffled to me so just be careful while you are ahead

·
Registered
667 Posts
Yea please be careful i'm already starting to loose my hearing where my friends have to repeat themselves alot. I'm probably running about 130-135db's constantly and 152db's at a sound competition.

·
Registered
7,642 Posts
my hearing has yet to get bad! but i keep getting louder every year.

i run 140-150 daily. but i only bump about 2-3 times a week for a couple min's at a time. it gets old. but it's fun to show off!

and yea 130 or so at 40hz will make your voice tingle.

mine at 145-150 at 65hz will take your breath away, and you can't talk! lol :p

·
Registered
7,642 Posts
BIG DIFFERENCE!!!!!!!

i sit in "THE VAN" at 55hz at 167.7DB. it hurt! the lower the HZ the more violent it gets, doors rattle, windows break, and so does equipment.

"THE VAN" now plays just around 62hz which helps the speakers not get alot of excursion and blow, and it's easier on the doors and such.

·
Registered
7,642 Posts
big difference. if the box is tuned to 35hz it will peak around 40 or so. which means the setup is loudest at 40hz.

if my setup is tuned to 65hz and peaks at 70 hz. i won't be able to get good LOW bass.

hense why i am running 6 aeroports on my new setup. 6 aeroports at 19 inches long, in my setup will tune the box to 45hz or so, so it will peak around 50hz for competition use.

now on the street i will block off 3 aeroports, and that will tune my setup to 30hz and peak around 35hz so i can get the low bass for street beatin

·
Registered
7,642 Posts
SQ you want higher hz.

40hz should be a good tunning.

the higher hz in competition just helps since the mics like higher hz.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts