S-10 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys this is my first post here! tried to search for this answer but could'nt find a search button. I am just trying to find out what cylinder heads will work for my 1995 2.2L someone told me that the cavalier head will work but deffinately want to find this out for sure before I go purchas one. Any help would be greatly appriciated.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
allright found a brand new head for a 2002 cavalier and the guy wants $100 for it, will this work? if so im going over there to get it a.s.a.p

·
94 s10 in progress
2,492 Posts
you need 1.5 stamped rockers. the 97 and earlier uses 1.5,98+ uses 1.6 roller rockers, they will not interchange, the head is also not the same due to the intake manifolds (been there tried that)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what year cavaliers could I get one from? tried searching for a s series in the wrecking yards and no luck but they are flooded with cavi's.

·
94 s10 in progress
2,492 Posts
well pre 98 goes with pre 98, same with 98+

as chris said the cams are different,

so use a pre 98 head and you should be good

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
went to the wrecking yard today and got one off a 1995 cavalier. the cool thing is it was laying in the engine bay already removed from the motor(saved me some time) just waiting for this rain to pass so I can get back to work on it..

·
7 P.S.I. is not enough
294 Posts
a cavi head is ohc and the s10 is a ohv

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yea if its a 95 its the same motor....hopefully its not taken off cause somethin is wrong with it
everything seems fine. I know its hard to tell just by looking but theres no play in any of the valves and the car was completely totaled so I know it wasnt there for motor issues.but I will know tomorrow when I finish it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts