S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The local NAPA can't figure out which coolant a '95 2.2L s-10 uses (Green or Orange). Every GM car (that I have seen) that uses the orange Dex Cool has a decal or warning that says to only use "Dex-Cool". The '95 S-10 has no stickers or warnings anywhere so is it supposed to get green?

·
UAH By-product
1,092 Posts
What's in the radiator? If you havent changed it yet, maybe it still has what it originally came with. As far as only using Dex Cool, I've read a ton of guys on here tellin people to flush the system and go with the green stuff. I'm only at 33k miles and havent completely flushed yet. I did replace some to boost my concentration, but what i pulled out was the exact same color and looked as clean as what I put in, so I'm not worried with dexcool.

Brad

·
Loves the boost.
145 Posts
Just sharing what i've heard about dexcool... unless you swap it to good 'ol green or flush regularly ~every 20k or so, it tends to destroy head gaskets, especially those of us with 2.2's in our trucks or people with 3100 v6's in their chevy cars... i've seen it happen so you bet i'll be flushing.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I have a 95 and it came with the green, id use the green, it has less tendency to gum up and destroy gaskets and I have nothing in the owners manual, service manual or under the hood that tells me to use dexcool so go green.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts