S-10 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hi Kerby
I used the Bi-xenon: Morimoto Mini (H1) from the Retrofit Source http://www.theretrofitsource.com/product_info.php?products_id=221 because of their small size (my blazer has sealedbeams). Can't say enough good things about TRS, very knowledgeable, fast shipping, great tech support (yes you actually talk to a person that knows what he is talking about…LOL)

Here are some pics of my Blazer at HIDPlanet although I think you have to create an account to view them, but it is free.
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/album.php?albumid=187

Ben

Attachments

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks ben
oh trust me though, i love the stuff at TRS, but im trying to find a cheaper way to do my retrofit. and ive heard from so many peple that the "fx-r" which is what i was looking at, comes from an infinity fx35, so i was just curious if i could go to a salvage yard and pull the projectors from the fx35, but i was also just curious as to what else comes with the bi-xenons that i could use as a second option.

·
i want this wheel
642 Posts
thanks ben
oh trust me though, i love the stuff at TRS, but im trying to find a cheaper way to do my retrofit. and ive heard from so many peple that the "fx-r" which is what i was looking at, comes from an infinity fx35, so i was just curious if i could go to a salvage yard and pull the projectors from the fx35, but i was also just curious as to what else comes with the bi-xenons that i could use as a second option.
Cheaper that $90 for the pair with all the needed parts? How cheap are ya?!?!?
http://www.theretrofitsource.com/pr...d=122&osCsid=ea0d275d954899a06c4c07dd74f06bd5

Seriously... I like your style, I'm a big fan of junkyarding, too. but unless you find an FX @ pull-a-part, most junkyards will want about that much for a headlight assembly anyhow. PaP doesn't keep much late model stuff.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Good job on the retro Ben. I think I know what my next project will be once I finish my retro. Gonna use the MH1's and put them in some 4x6 housings with 3000k bulbs and have a nice set of auxiliary lights on my push bar.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheaper that $90 for the pair with all the needed parts? How cheap are ya?!?!?
http://www.theretrofitsource.com/pr...d=122&osCsid=ea0d275d954899a06c4c07dd74f06bd5

Seriously... I like your style, I'm a big fan of junkyarding, too. but unless you find an FX @ pull-a-part, most junkyards will want about that much for a headlight assembly anyhow. PaP doesn't keep much late model stuff.
pretty cheap, haha. but i go to a salvage yard close to my house quite a bit, and they basically just let me roam the yard with my tools until i find stuff i need. and they keep some late models up there. i was up there about 2 weeks ago, and they had a new camaro that some kid wrecked, and a couple newish acuras and things of the like. but im sure i can find a fx, pull the headlights, bust them open, and rip the projector out, yeah?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Good job on the retro Ben. I think I know what my next project will be once I finish my retro. Gonna use the MH1's and put them in some 4x6 housings with 3000k bulbs and have a nice set of auxiliary lights on my push bar.
Thanks... I want to do another set with higher quality housings and outer lens. The ones I used were pretty crappy and the lens are not optically correct. But still get great light output and a nice cutoff line.

Ben

·
Electrical Mod
56,116 Posts
Here are some pics of my Blazer at HIDPlanet although I think you have to create an account to view them, but it is free.
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/album.php?albumid=187

Ben
Do you have any more pics of the headlights in the truck with the grille on? I see you had to move the headlight brackets out with spacers, and I'd like to see how that looks from a side perspective.

Also, do you have a write up on how you did it and what you did?

Thanks.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Do you have any more pics of the headlights in the truck with the grille on? I see you had to move the headlight brackets out with spacers, and I'd like to see how that looks from a side perspective.

Also, do you have a write up on how you did it and what you did?

Thanks.
I'll take some more pics (it's raining here today so later...LOL). I was worried about how it would look too... however for the most part you really don't notice that the lights are protruding. As far as how I did it.

1) Removed the lens from the housing.
2) Cut the back of the housing off
3) Used a dremel and files to make the opening the right size to fit the projector.
4) Made 4 brackets (out of 16 gauge sheet metal) that I riveted to the housing and bolted to the projector (440X1” machine screws)
5) Clearanced the inner HL ring for the back of the projector to fit through.
6) Clearanced the HL openings in the grill a bit and was done.

Originally I used washers for the spacers to get the approximate length, then I ordered the aluminum spacers from you guessed it aluminumspacers.com. Had to get ¾ and cut them down to 5/8, ¾ was the closest they had premade with 6mm hole. They will make any size you want so I am going to order them in 5/8.
All In all not a hard job
Ben

·
Truckin'
273 Posts
Wow, nice sealed beam retro...maybe I won't have to swap front ends after all. Good work man.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.