S-10 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,

i have a 93' blazer thats stock. the interier is just about perfect but id like to add some little custom things to make it look nicer. first off i need to ask this.. WTF is tweed?? i hear alot about it but i have never herd of it before, is it just like a stretchable fabric or somthing??

anyway heres a pic of the interier (dash and stuff) let me know if you think i should do anything..

thanks in advance,
scott

Attachments

·
soLoRed
895 Posts
you can take some of the peices out, sand them till there smooth, paint them the out side of ur truck color, tweed the dash.. paint the dash... theres lots u can do..

-db

·
True Ambition
3,527 Posts
get a nice billet steering wheel....not cheap .....but nice:)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

you mean take the dash apart, and have an auto body shop paint it to match the car color rite?

scott

·
W3RdMan
77 Posts
no, what u do, is u can take like that piece around the radio, u sand it smooth, and paint it with some interior paint. its a pretty inexpencive thing to do and it looks really good

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

any pics, or adivce on the color to go with? the entire interier is shades of dark and light gray's.

scott

·
GETTING V8'ED
12,238 Posts
my truck is green, but i went with silver and black inside...i think it looks sweet. wasnt hard either, but i broke the hazard switch in the process of takin the bezel out and i couldnt get my turn signals off. my dad re-wired something until the next day when he got me another switch. other than that, its sanding, primering, sanding, primering, sanding primering until its smooth, then paint, sand, paint, sand, paint until its the way u want it, then put like 2-3 coats of clear on it and put it back in the truck

·
Registered
196 Posts
looks nice man

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

what the hell is tweed!! lol is it a stretchy material or somthing, otherwize its gonna be a bitch to get around the curves and stuff..

scott

·
S-Clusive's Jester
3,085 Posts
you'd be surprised the ish you can do to cars. i went to truckperformance.com and looked at everything and hoyl shit it took me atleast 45 minutes to look at all the stuff. you could get a new shift knob window cranks, paint the dash. it would be safe to go all black cuz black goes with everything rite? you could put chrome highlights around you deck and stuff. you could fiberglass your panels if you want to try it its easy. you could probably hook a dvd up pretty easily. you could put neon lights inside your car(i know rice) you could get some sparco seats. change the gauges eitehr the face plate or the entire cluster. i see that you put your deck out in the open. my brother put his in his ash tray. tint the windows to the max legally(or more if thats your thing). you could put a tite sound system because its a blazer = lots of room.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
woah..

thats alot of stuff! my first mods are going to be intake (gonna make one this weekend or the next) and then exaust,hi-flo cat, and hi-flow muffler after the holidays. im on a pretty tight budget rite now though so im lookiing for things i can do myself, i have a ton of fiberglass experience since i restored a 1976 hydrosteam (speedboat if ne one is into them). basicly most of my money goes into that boat but i want hte truck to look a little cooler (since its gonna be towing the boat! :) )

anyway, how hard is tweed to work with? is it lik vinal or is there more of a "give" or stretch with tweed? im guessing you just spray glue it down after cleaning the suface correct?

i was thinking of like a blue and grayish color for tweed but im afraid it wont match the outside of the truck which is a metalic blue. would i be safer just going with black and grey?

also how much does this stuff cost?

thanks again,
scott

1 - 17 of 17 Posts