S-10 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 2.2 liter, and it doesn't have enough balls :) Can you give me some ideas of mods and their costs?

Thanks!
SJ

·
Still plays with sparks
457 Posts
My advise, take it or leave it, concentrate on looks for now and wait until a swap is finacialy possable. you can sink all kinds of money into a 2.2 just to get to the amount of performance that a 4.3 comes off the factory floor with. check out www.lhtperformance.net

·
Paint Needing Mofo
639 Posts
I kept my mods simple... Intake($230) & exhaust($230)... I'm very pleased with the performance gain. It's time to make this everday, plain jane S-10 LOOK goooood!

·
I'm in hot puuurrrsuit!!
227 Posts
Re: Re: What can a girl do to get more power?

DevX said:

Thats your problem right there. :)

VERY TRUE:p :p :p :p

But intake, exhaust, and chip are good for a start and you will notice a difference (the other cars on the road pasting you not as fast) :rolleyes:

·
A Constant Work in Progress
1,088 Posts
fetuss10 said:
give me your age and if uoyr between 16 and 20 i can help u out but i would need your phone number:thumbup:
tell me where ya live and i'll help ya even more :thumbup:

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
Umm, I think I'm going to be going more on the engine the anyone else here soon enough LOL

I'm planning on a port/polish and shave job to the head within a few months, also a custom throttle body.

I already have the Volant Intake, Catback exhaust, and a Throttle body spacer is coming soon.

I'm going to have my computer custom reflashed probably same time as the head job, I don't want that limiter!!!!

This summer, my friend and I are custom making the whole turbo manifold and everything, and at 75,000 Miles I am rebuilding the engine to handle ALL the boost the turbo is capable of....(clipped and whirled GN turbo capable of a proposed 20 PSI, with the stock stuff I will be running 8 lbs max....)

I will also have to get the whole exhaust system reworked at that time as well as a new computer program.

With the engine rebuild I am planning on SRP forged pistons, a thick head gasket to relower the compression, titanium pushrods, and an RKsport cam with STS Roller rocker lifters.....

Yes I am planning all this, it'll take me a while to get to 75,000 miles, and by that time I will ahve the money I need.....

MUAHAHAHA

With this setup I should be in the low 14's, high 13's, possible lower, I don't know, I haven't heard of anyone doing a setup like this before....

If you need any help email me and I can give you my cell phone number, I'm usually good at troubleshooting stuff.....and if you've got pics, I'll come to your house and help, anything for a fellow S-10 owner

Caleb

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
Oh ya, camaro fuel pump and RKsport Fuel rail, and a reworked intake manifold......and a different oil pan and oil pickup and....wow, the list goes on and on and on.....THIS 2.2 will fly!!!

LOL

Caleb

·
Registered
224 Posts
ummm...

I picked up an LS-1-CRATE for 1000 bucks. Is it stolen, probably. With 150 horse NOS it should be ok. Tha would make you get more power. I have always wanted to have a back up motor, and put as much nitrous to a wiz banger(no offense 4 cyl. guys) and see how much it would take before it blew up. There was a guy at MILAN dragway with a 87' fiero 4 cyl with a NOS sytem. We saw him in thepit, after every run he was changingthejets. he had it in the 13's(low 13's), andhe said to usI'm goin for broke boys". He changed the jets, and did some more fiddling with the system, Pulled upto the line-ran a mid 12(!!!) and then the motor grenaded-just past the timer! We helped him push it back, and asked him how much he put through it-I sh-t my pants when he told me 250hp-through the bone stock motor!!!! He said he felt he would have run faster if the clutch wouldn't have slipped off the line-I am surprised it didnt blow apart!! He put it on te trailer, and was back nxt week with the same combo!!! It sucks GM replaced the 2.5(a way stronger 4)with that sorry ass 2.2(I dont care how fast you claim your cavalier is...lol) I guess I am getting way off topic here..I guess what I am trying to say is DO YOU HAVE A PICTURE?????!!!!!

·
little pink pink
5,036 Posts
you guys act like you have never spoken to a woman before...all tripping all over yourselves to help...thats funny...

lol...:uhoh:

its rather simple...want more power...just buy my truck..that will fix all your problems...K...

·
Registered
6,374 Posts
xtremer-pxl said:
you guys act like you have never spoken to a woman before...all tripping all over yourselves to help...thats funny...

lol...:uhoh:

its rather simple...want more power...just buy my truck..that will fix all your problems...K...
ROTFLMFAO
thats great.... there are cheaper ways than buying YOUR truck tho hehehehe..... mmmm ls5 errr wait thats not cheap... hehehe:thumbup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts