S-10 Forum banner

what audio equipment to go with?

709 views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  BlazinLow 
#1 ·
I'm getting a two door blazer soon...

the system will start with a Pioneer DEH-P8400MP (which i already have)...I'll ditch the front 4x6 (useless), and get a good set of 6.5" components up front, and MAYBE some decent 6.5coax for real fill (passengers).....

I've been out of the audio loop for a while now......So my question is:

What's the good quality equipment now a days? I'll be needing a small amp for the front components (i'll stick with RF, DEI, or MTX amps, thanks ;)).......

Keep in mind im lookign at price vs. quality.....So I wana get the most bang for my buck, but i also want something that's gonna sound good....

I can't decide between a ported or sealed box either.....I want LOUD....I'm thinking 1000w RMS for the subs (500wrms per sub) in a ported.......Any ideas how loud that woudl be in a 2 door blazer? I'll also need some nice components that wont get drowned out by the bass.....i want LOUD and CLEAR system......i want the bass to deafen you, but i also want it nice and clear.....

Ideas?

See less See more
#3 ·
You must not have read my whole post dude, so here, i'll help ya out:
x3ro said:
Keep in mind im lookign at price vs. quality.....So I wana get the most bang for my buck....
mb quart is way overpriced...

i'm looking for cheaper, that's gonna sound okay....i think $200-250 would be my limit for components up front..

#7 ·
xtrememeasures said:
if i'm not mistkane two doors blazers have 6x9 in the back...matters what year though
yes, im aware of that.....doesn't mean that's what speakers you have to run though ;)

Ever heard of an adapter plate? just slap one in there an bam......6.5's ;)

SMNW2003, im unsure.....I need some help on that too....I was planning on some eD subs, but, those are small sealed box subs, not ported box subs.....

I need a sub that's gonna work good in a ported box, and take 750w RMS or so ;)

#12 ·
Remember,

I'm looking at a ported box.........From what I've read, the eD subs are made for smaller sealed enclosures.....I currently havea 2003 e12k in my trans am......and its nice.......But I dont think they'd work well in a ported box....

#13 ·
put a RE SE 10" sub in a ported box...you'll be very happy..trust me...and they're pretty cheap for there performance...i have 2...they're in sealed boxs..they pound hard like a 15", imagine if i had them in ported boxs..oooh buddy....

#16 ·
Re: Re: what audio equipment to go with?

x3ro said:
mb quart is way overpriced...
You get what you pay for.

#17 ·
Re: Re: Re: what audio equipment to go with?

BlazinLow said:
You get what you pay for.
actually when i listened to a set of Mb quarts myself, i was very unimpressed by them.....they were way too harsh, and for the price i was like :monkey:

i dont care for JL much either......

i guess this isn't the best forum for audio questions as far as brands go.....i'm into your lesser known brands that out perform any big name vendor in performance, sound, reliability, and price.... :dunno:

#19 · (Edited)
i buy speakers that I can count on them lasting me for a while, and if they do, I will spend more money on them.

I went thru 9 pairs of 6.5" Infinity Reference Components. They were like $200, and I bought the extended plan for an extra $20. Im not lying about 9 pairs, I really just kept taking them back and exchanging them.

Eventually they were discontinued so when I came back for the 10th pair they were no longer in stock. So I got some Polk's.... What pieces of shit, they lasted literally 4 hours so I got my original $200 back :D

Next day I went to a real shop and got the Quarts for like $425. 4 years later they still sound as good as the day I bought them. Money well spent!

x3ro, there's tons of different models and tiers of MB's out there, not sure which speakers you think sounded like crap, but they (at least the ones I have) rock.

Some of my brands: Eclipse, Phoenix Gold, MB Quart, Diamond Audio

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.