S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Future Submariner
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey just wondering what everyone has their plugs gapped at? I replaced the factories with the Bosch platinum ones with the single electrode, i couldnt afford the quad tipeed ones. Im having trouble figuring out why my truck is idleing like crap and im thinking maybe i should try changing the gap on the plugs? i really dont want to take the plugs out b/c they are such a pain in the ass.
thanks

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
Uh, if you're changing the gap, how are you going to do that WITHOUT taking them out?? Just a question....

I check the gap before I put in the plugs...I have the platinum +4's

could be a whole bunch of things, gap, bad plug wires, not in there correctly, could only be firing on three cylinders...... who knows

Caleb

Check your plug wires, mine were crap and it gave me lots of stuttering and no pickup

·
Registered
217 Posts
watch gapping your plugs too big i think it might have caused me some trouble with too much heat and it burned up the electrodes....im running a colder plug than stock using regular bosh plugs gaped at 0.040 instead of 0.060 huge difference with the mods im using espically in 2nd and 3rd gear :evilg:

·
Future Submariner
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SummerWolf said:
Uh, if you're changing the gap, how are you going to do that WITHOUT taking them out?? Just a question....

I check the gap before I put in the plugs...I have the platinum +4's

could be a whole bunch of things, gap, bad plug wires, not in there correctly, could only be firing on three cylinders...... who knows

Caleb

Check your plug wires, mine were crap and it gave me lots of stuttering and no pickup

gee you mean i cant just leave em in and change the gap with some magic? im not that dumb

im running new taylor wires....not the stock ones....they are all gapped identical and i know for a fact that its running on all cylinder b/c im still getting pretty good gas milage and its running fairly strong.....i think it might be the coil packs.

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
maybe i should try changing the gap on the plugs? i really dont want to take the plugs out b/c they are such a pain in the ass.

I now see why you said this, you're looking for alternative problems, not just the plugs....

God damn it I'm an idiot LOL, sorry about that man!! I didn't read it quite right

Caleb

·
Future Submariner
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no problem

its ok man....i know my grammar isnt the best....im in school for electrical engineering so my english is pretty crappy....thanks again

1 - 6 of 6 Posts