S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who do you guys favor for a deep sounding exhaust, the loadest possible without the ricey sound, which muffler etc. I like the borla, not sure on the flowmaster (to ricey sounding) also like spintech. Anyone have sounds wave files? opinions?

·
no fat GUYS, truck will scrape
626 Posts
I LOVE my Magnaflow........... sounds like a V8. I would definately recommend it. Unfortunately, I don't have any sound files though:( . Everyone in my town compliments the sound of my truck, so I'm not the only one that loves it. I guess it all depends on opinion though.:D

·
a blown member , dsi racing founder
61 Posts
I have a soundbite of my 3" exhaust and dynomax bullet up on my site under the video/sound clips page...its not great but ive heard worse, but then again my other car is a 350 tpi bird so i guess im impartial to the sound of a v8

lata
Bill

P

·
0 Posts
As far as im concerned its FLOWMASTER ill get a sound clip up soon but it sounds bad as hell =P i flooded out a v8 the other day at publix :evilg: hehehe -lata

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
I will also have to agree with Flowmaster!!! I don't know why you say it sounds ricey unless you heard one on a 4cyl!! If you have a v6 flowmaster is the way to go!!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
I had a 3 chamber Flowmaster and stock tail pipe that gave a nice sound at idle - more pronounced with headers. It was pretty quite at 70 mph or so, which I liked.

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
I agree with you. Headers makes such a difference in the exhaust tone!! It makes it alot deeper than the stock manifolds!! Definately get headers. It is worth the money. But I am one to talk. I got my JBA's brand new for $242!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
does anyone have any sound clips of the flowmaster's, I just don't want to be dissappointed after spending money on something I'm not totally happy with. It would help my confidence a ton before spending money.

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
I don't have one but if you want the best sound get a 2chamber delta flow.........They really sound the best. I mean it does get a little on the raspy side around 4000-5000rpm but other than that the sound is really good. If you lived near MA I would just bring my truck by but I don't believe you do.

P

·
0 Posts
if i could get the darn digi-cam to record and hook up to the PC i could get the clip, but trust me on the 4.3L V6 it sounds WAAAAAYYYY over stock...

·
Registered
287 Posts
it also depends on how long you are going to have your truck, a borla catback is going to last basically forever, and a flowmaster will last 5-10 years. the borla has a deeper sound, but i have a flowmaster 40 series, and it is loud enough for me, but everyone will argue differently, so try to get sound clips or go to car shows and see what they have. if you do get a exhaust, and you have extra cash, headers will make an improvment, ohh and don't forget the air filter also, no point in getting an exhaust/muffler without an air filter

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
There is no such exhaust out that will make any v6 sound like a v8!! They will never sound like it. Without the other 2 cylinders it will never work but flowmaster does make a good sound on a 4.3 but I don't know about a 2.8!!

·
Banned
6,652 Posts
fetuss10 said:
What kinda exhaust would give my 2.8 a V8 sound?:bah: It is very much needed.
Hmmm...how about an 8.1L engine instead???? You can get much more V8 than that!! hehehehe...

A 2.8 will just sound ricey!

·
Long Bed Member
3,065 Posts
my bro's got a beretta with a 2.8 and a 40 series flow it sounds pretty good imo deep and loud:)

·
32,797 Posts
Dan P. said:
There is no such exhaust out that will make any v6 sound like a v8!! They will never sound like it. Without the other 2 cylinders it will never work but flowmaster does make a good sound on a 4.3 but I don't know about a 2.8!!
Actually there are.
It will not sound like a bubbly big block but some systems do sound like modern day V8s.

Magnaflow is one. I had one on an Isuzu Rodeo that once had. It was a 94 V6 190hp similiar to a 4.3. Magnaflow made a loud, powerful, "I can hear you a block away" sound. People often said they liked the sound.

I've heard other 6's with V8 sounding exhaust. It is possible, the only thing is that, if you're going for sound, you might be missing out on power.

·
a blown member , dsi racing founder
61 Posts
96blazer said:

Actually there are.
It will not sound like a bubbly big block but some systems do sound like modern day V8s.

Magnaflow is one. I had one on an Isuzu Rodeo that once had. It was a 94 V6 190hp similiar to a 4.3. Magnaflow made a loud, powerful, "I can hear you a block away" sound. People often said they liked the sound.

I've heard other 6's with V8 sounding exhaust. It is possible, the only thing is that, if you're going for sound, you might be missing out on power.
I disagree there may be systems that sound more like an 8 than others but not one v-6 ive ever heard sounded like an 8, sorry. Theres a guy that runs a 288ci v-6 deep into the 9's and his sounds like a 6 it doesnt matter what exhaust u have on your car with a 6 it will never sound like a v-8. Compare even a 265ci L99 engine out of a caprice and put a decent dual exhaust on that and tell me if our 262ci v6 sounds anything like it...nope it dont your missing 2 cylinders and that is extra exhaust leaving which we dont have. My exhaust sounds nothing like a v8, it sounds better than stock but still not a v8.

lata
Bill

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
Thanks Bill!!! Especially a Isuzu!! It would never sound like a v8. It might be loud and you can hear you coming from around the block but you can hear me coming from a 1/4 mile away. My truck is super loud but it definately doesn't sound like a v8. Sounds more like a motorboat than a v8 car. Because the boats use the v6 it sounds just like that!! Sorry but v8 sound out of a v6 is virtually impossible!!! You are missing 2 cylinders!!

1 - 20 of 64 Posts