S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1997 s10
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m wanting to put a sound system. I’m not sure what to go with on a sub size or brand. Don’t got a whole lotta cash. Recommendations?

·
B4U Task Force Admin
24,233 Posts
Moved to the correct forum...Sound/Security. Please be aware of the forum you're posting in...

Thanks.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Being 6ft tall and keeping the seat all the way back has eaten most of the room in my standard cab. For now all i have is speakers plus a set of 6.5 components in the kick panels, I think they're qlogic kick panels got them many moons ago. MTX used to make a box for behind the seat that would fit a 10" sub, and if i had room i'd consider maybe on of those self contained low profile under seat sub boxes.

·
Squid Life
1,764 Posts
I have x2 Pioneer 10” TSSW2502S4 Slim subwoofers with an Kicker 43DXA5001 D-Series pushing them in boxes that I made to fit behind my seat. My seat is one click from all the way back.

Reactions: daniro0725

·
Registered
1984 Chevy S10 swb, std cab, 2wd
13 Posts
It's not installed yet (will be in a couple of months) but my system consists of: a Pioneer DEH-80PRS head unit, two ol' school RF Punch 75HD amps, a Punch 5-1/4" comp. set in the kick panels, and one Punch 10" sub. Deceptively simple...

·
Registered
12 Posts
if you want to go less expensive but compact and still decent bump do the combined amp and slim sub. I got one from Walmart for about 90 bucks and its the brand Blakunt or something. works great and doesn't take any space at all. I didn't drill it down just wedged it between the seat and floor so it doesn't shift and vibrate.

·
Squid Life
1,764 Posts
Where did you end up installing the amp?
Sorry, been away for a few. The amp is small, so I put some self adhesive Velcro on the bottom and it sits straddleing a floor pan hump under/behind the passenger’s side of the seat.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts