S-10 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was reading some threads that refer to two companies. One is AIM and the other is SD. They sell longer control arms to make stance wider. What is the full name of these companies please so i can look them up and see if they have parts to help me get the stance i want. thanks. Something about a LT kit . long travel?

·
B4U Task Force Admin
33,103 Posts
Airbaggit or AIM Industries same place, located in mesa arizona. Been around since the early 90s. They sell parts. Some good, some i wouldnt give to an enemy. Google will tell you all you need to know.

I cant think of what SD is
Isn't there a company called Suicide Doors??

Reactions: manbearpig

·
Been there Done it
14,856 Posts
Or Scoggins Dickey Chevrolet. Famous for having GMPP stuff in stock. And other Chevy performance products.

·
Registered
3,138 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes thats them. it was late i couldnt think. http://suicidedoors.com/ reroutes to ThorBros.com so not sure if SD turned into them, or they bought them, not sure.

But what the OP is trying to do, he just needs a big offset wheel like the other posts he posted.
I was looking at some threads that mention AIM and SD because they sell longer control arms, that way I wouldnt have to use spacers or negative offset wheels which guys are saying is bad for the bearings and ball joints.

·
time to get cereal
6,995 Posts
Looking "cool" and having good driving manners do not always go hand in hand. You are messing with the scrub radius among other things that can take a decent driving vehicle and turn it into a mess.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
according to Bk2life billions and billions of people are doing this. However my inquiries have been to find a way to get the look I want without compromising safety, longevity and decency with respect to driveability. When I saw references to these companies in other threads, and that they were talking about longer control arms I thought it may be the better way to go about doing this instead of spacers. I dont take it lightly to change the geometry of the vehicle so Im trying to do due dilligence.

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
according to Bk2life billions and billions of people are doing this.
ahhhh, sir, your reading skillz are on point.
I bet, there has been a billion lifted trucks since the dawn of the truck age. The factory offers lifted verison of their own trucks. Do they change the length of the control arms? No. they use different offset wheels and a lift kit of sorts.
The picture you posted in your other thread, showed a red 1st gen S10 with a mild lift and possibly 15x10 inch wheels with a deep offset. And like i stated above, do that, that is exaclty what you want. No need to reinvent the wheel. Any after market 'wider' control arms are going to move your wheels out a bunch for that pre-runner look.
a lift kit, and deep wheels, easy peasy. Just like mcdonalds, billions served.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
33,103 Posts
I haven't heard AIM mentioned much on here lately. For awhile they had a bit of a bad rep.

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
I haven't heard AIM mentioned much on here lately.
yessir... for many years we had litigations with the owner. They stole many of our products and would reproduce them as their own. I made the very first car on air 'cylinders' at our shop in ontario. Honda civic.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
33,103 Posts
yessir... for many years we had litigations with the owner. They stole many of our products and would reproduce them as their own. I made the very first car on air 'cylinders' at our shop in ontario. Honda civic.
I had a friend with a cowl hood on his S10 that was made/copied by Aim. The only differences were the holes in the cowl were bigger, and the spot welds along the leading edge weren't visible as they were on mine...can't even think of the brand now...big name though.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ahhhh, sir, your reading skillz are on point.
I bet, there has been a billion lifted trucks since the dawn of the truck age. The factory offers lifted verison of their own trucks. Do they change the length of the control arms? No. they use different offset wheels and a lift kit of sorts.
The picture you posted in your other thread, showed a red 1st gen S10 with a mild lift and possibly 15x10 inch wheels with a deep offset. And like i stated above, do that, that is exaclty what you want. No need to reinvent the wheel. Any after market 'wider' control arms are going to move your wheels out a bunch for that pre-runner look.
a lift kit, and deep wheels, easy peasy. Just like mcdonalds, billions served.
i was told that stance on the red truck was basically not possible for my lowly 2wd because it was 4wd and he could see the cv joints in the photo. Are you saying it is possible to have that exact stance on my 2wd? that would be great so i can stop grieving the 4wd i shoukd have bought last week and was going to buy it yesterday but someone else did. i jinxed it and now its gone.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Aim sold lots of rip off items and has had lots of names. I wouldn’t buy shit from there unless it was in person based on all the horror stories.

Also, Suicide doors just changed their name to ThorBros, same Jason owns it and makes cool stuff.

I’d say get negative offset wheels as mentioned and be done. Control arms can run u $1700. And then you’ll need longer tie rods probably, and anything else that goes with it.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Aim sold lots of rip off items and has had lots of names. I wouldn’t buy shit from there unless it was in person based on all the horror stories.

Also, Suicide doors just changed their name to ThorBros, same Jason owns it and makes cool stuff.

I’d say get negative offset wheels as mentioned and be done. Control arms can run u $1700. And then you’ll need longer tie rods probably, and anything else that goes with it.
or 0 offset with spacers right?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts