S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2 10" rockford power hx2 dvc subs(Also does anyone else heard these subs how are they?) what amp do u recommend to power them? They can handle 500 rms a piece and 1000 peak!!
thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
6,374 Posts
go with the matching amp the 1000 watt RF a pair of them not sure which model number the amps are though

·
Registered
35 Posts
are you concerned w/price at all? some cheap amps that put out a lot of power are the concept d1200 and the d2400, mtx8100d, lanzar vibe 1200d, i hear the new kicker lineup is cheaper than before also, you could look at kicker kx 1200.1. if your not worried about price you could look at the orion xtrpro 1000d, or hte hcca 250g4 or the 275g4. there's many others out there as well

·
s-10 white rabite
246 Posts
go with the rockford bd 1000.1. it is a one ch amp and is stable at 2 ohms. the reason that i really like this amp is for the bass nob. the nob can sit under the dash or if you go to a good place they can put it into the dash. the bass nob lets you twek with the bass w/out going throw the deck. or you can go with the alpin v12. both are good amps
peace outy
EcKo

·
Registered
99 Posts
whats the voice coil configuration on them? are they dual 2 or dual 4 ohm subs?

don't look at the peak wattage, look at the rms. peak means nothing. you said power hx2s, they are 500 rms PER COIL which means 1000 rms total. 2000 peak.

how about sticking with an all rockford setup? do a nice setup and it will look very nice. check out the rockford bd1000.1

you can do either 1 per sub or 1 per pair. i think 1 for the pair will be more then enough? depending on the voice coil configuration. do you have the subs already?

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No im just looking i will be doing the install this summer or spring. How much would 2 10" power hx2 powered by a rf 100.1 cost. Im looking at doing a box like this for my 99 extended cab s10!!! tell me what u think?

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts