S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
A Constant Work in Progress
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aight...I have a 2001 X and I wanna lower it 2/3. I'm sure I'll go with the spindles in the front and 3" blocks in the back. Do I need to get it realigned right away. Will I need to get new shox. I'm sure I will have to cut the bump stops right? Any other advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
sweetbutxtreme said:
Aight...I have a 2001 X and I wanna lower it 2/3. I'm sure I'll go with the spindles in the front and 3" blocks in the back. Do I need to get it realigned right away. Will I need to get new shox. I'm sure I will have to cut the bump stops right? Any other advice would be greatly appreciated.
no need for new shocks, your ZQ8 units will be perfect. as for the bump stop, make sure you cut the bracket off with it. and get it aligned ASAP. other then that, you should be rollin pretty sweet. i hope you post some pics when youre done!:thumbup:

·
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
will do....i'm just trying to figure everything out before i do something....it'll be a lil while before i get the money together but ya'll will be the first to know bout it.....thanx....later

·
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Will I face any probs other than a lil rubbing from the stock wheels?

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
sweetbutxtreme said:
Will I face any probs other than a lil rubbing from the stock wheels?
if it is an extended cab truck youll bottom the cross member out on some things and if you arent carefull you will scrape your air dam on steep driveways. as for the crossmember clearance, there is a group purchase discount going on for Sportruck Specialties raised crossmembers right now in the group puchases forum, it is the one title Att: Extra Cab Guys.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts