S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Neighborhood Dragger
3,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last night, my mom wakes me up saying there was an accident, and I run to the front door, but realize my mom is on the phone asking how he is and what not. Well I thought she meant outside, but realized some one from teh hospital called her. I come to find out my 38 year old brother fell asleep at the wheel on the highway after drinking and ran off the road, missed the side barrier, just cruised on the grass for like 500 ft doing 60mph and hit 2 small street signs, then a huge cement barrier holding a huge sign. He totaled his truck and the doctor was asking permission from my mom to amputate if they had to. Well we get to the hospital, and my moms all upset, and from 3 am til 11 am this morning we have no idea if he was going to lose his leg or not. We were told he was going to more then likey. He's been a roofer for 20 years, and this would destroy his life, he's single, has his own house which he would lose, and lose his leg. Well we saw him and they had his leg stabilized and he knew what was going on though he was all drugged. Well my mom kept praying to god and to her x husband (my two older brother's dad who recently lost his life when his bar caught on fire and he tried to put out the fire himself) and it was killing us all. Well at 11am, the doctor comes and tells us he broke his upper right leg in 2 spots, lower 2 bones once each, and his leg was sliced to the bone from the ankle, to his knee. THEY WERE ABLE TO SAVE HIS LEG. Thank god. Whe the doctor told us they did not have to amputate, my mom got hystarical and I thought I misheard him and asked if they did or not and he said they did not. My mom was just excited/happy/relieved, but I about had a mini heart attack.

He's going to be in the hospital for a week, and will be staying at me and my parents house for a little bit, and should be fully recovered within 6-9 months, but he will not be able to go back to work, and will need to find a non laborous job. I am so thankful, and would appreciate it if you guys could keep my family and his recovery in his prayers.

·
Neighborhood Dragger
3,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, and the reason why he was drinking is because of being depressed. He had been an alcoholic over 15 years ago, got into quite some trouble, lost his license for 5 years and has been sober ever since, but he lost his dad in such a tragic way, it brought him back to it. He didn't drink much, we found out the people who he was with at the bar. He woke up at 4 am yesterday for work, and was up til 2am this morning, so it was more sleep deprived reasoning then drinking. But not saying it's not a factor. Luckily, the officer, decided not to give him a dui or any ticket because of the circumstances, and since no one else was injured.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Everyone makes mistakes . Lets just all hope he will make a full recovery from this and be ok . Like stated above , the op of this thread has enough going on than to hear the bad stuff about the guy drinking and driving right now . Most all of us has lost someone due to a drunk driver or know some whom has . It is hard .

·
NOFAT1S
579 Posts
Your gonna get some assholes that post shit like "he shouldn't have been drinking" but this forum is full of hypocrites.
Most wouldn't be hypocrites because they won't come online with their sob story and expect others to understand it:rolleyes:

I hope everything turns out well, but once again. "Drink, Drive, Pay the Price"

·
Hola Bitches
4,858 Posts
I do hope he gets better and everything works out but you need to expect these type of reactions ... I know this off-topic section is usually a place to vent shit like this but what he did was stupid ...you know that but ya know what he should have known that as well especially having these problems before ... its really difficult for me to feel remorse for people who consistently cause damage to themselves and possibly others ...you dont need to hear my entire rant but really man ... really keep him in check when he gets better b/c im pretty sure if he was depressed than he's going to be even more now

·
Neighborhood Dragger
3,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm sure he's gonna learn his lesson from this. it's not like he's a drunk, and not like he was wasted, but I also knew people look past the story and only see the he was drinkin portion. I expected that, and I know he was dumb for it. But like noted above, I know alot of people can relate.

·
Sweet lemonade.
2,737 Posts
Yes, and the reason why he was drinking is because of being depressed. He had been an alcoholic over 15 years ago, got into quite some trouble, lost his license for 5 years and has been sober ever since, but he lost his dad in such a tragic way, it brought him back to it. He didn't drink much, we found out the people who he was with at the bar. He woke up at 4 am yesterday for work, and was up til 2am this morning, so it was more sleep deprived reasoning then drinking. But not saying it's not a factor. Luckily, the officer, decided not to give him a dui or any ticket because of the circumstances, and since no one else was injured.
i wonder if he can emphasise that more for people that don't understand.
sorry to hear about this man.

·
''true believers''
1,124 Posts
sucks 2 hear,glad he will recover from it,and hopefully take it as a lesson learned(the hard way).if you make it to focus ill be there,stop by and say hi

·
Karbon Kreationz
2,515 Posts
Definetly not a good nite but glad he made it out ok.....try and keep his spirits up so he avoids slipping back into drinking again.....he has a second chance now and should look forward......there are plenty of non-labor jobs out there......best of luck

·
Registered
713 Posts
Hope he has a speedy recovery, I really do, however I think a DUI or something along those lines would have made him realize it was a stupid idea and that he shouldnt have done it. I've been lucky and not lost anyone to this and anytime someone talks about it I have to hold myself back from knocking the shit out of them, drinking and driving isnt cool at all. If someone I know goes off and dies I am going to be sad about it, but they kinda got what was coming to them. What scares me is thinking what would happen if they got in a wreck and killed someone else, They might be in the hospital a few extra weeks soon after they got out

1 - 20 of 32 Posts