S-10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused: I was bored at work the other day and decided to play with my '01. I painted some interior bits and started measuring stuff under the hood to make an intake( I'm really broke ). Then I saw this tube thing coming straight down from my intake tract. What the fudge is this thing? is it totally necessary or can I ditch it? :bash: Any ideas?

·
Registered
201 Posts
I think its the silencer you are talking about. YOu can take it off and clamp on a spray paint cap. Works for me. Dont know why its there though. Also while you are at it, take out the tube (port looking thing) in the airbox. Just use your fingernail to take it out. The other 2.2 guys will back me up on this. I hope....

Jay

·
Registered
893 Posts
yup, cost free intake mods...you could also cut up the ox where the filter is housed to allow more air in....

·
Registered
893 Posts
where the silencer attaches to the intake you can fit a spray paint cap over perfectly and then just clampe it down. it would be retarded to not cap it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sorry my reply took so long. Would I just use a worm-gear hose clamp on the spray can lid? can I cap off the other side (over across the fan shroud) and plumb a cold-air from the silencer hole?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Well, what i did is shove the lid into the hole. If you try it, you will see that it fits pretty snug and if I remember correctly, It already has a clamp on there. I'm doing my own intake mod right now. I am in the process of removing the airbox (the black box with the 2200 writing on it) and using 3" plumbing tubes to make a shorter, less winding intake. I'll take pics when I can.

Jay

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok, I took the silencer thing off yesterday. Had to take the battery out, no biggy. not much difference, but I can hear a little more air going thru. more noticable when I stomp it on the street.not bad for like an hour's work, counting a smoke break.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts