S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Lets try this again...
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i heard alot of you saying that during the process of painting your interior pieces that you "Wet sanded" some times. Ive heard of this but have no clue what it is! Could someone help me with answering this for me? Does it make your project look cleaner or better/shinier? Thanks guys.

·
Lets try this again...
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ohh alright, i get it now, but whats the process of wet sanding? Like if i was to wet sand something, how would i go about doing it?

·
Always Dreamin Big
2,300 Posts
The best way to wet sand is to have a hose with a small trickle of water running over the area you are sanding at all times.

Wet sanding uses the water to carry away the material you sand off. This is done because the material will quickly clog up fine grit sandpaper (like 400+) and also can sometimes build up and cause deeper scratches than what grit paper you are using.
Example: You may be using 600 grit but the dust would build up and it would soon sand as though it were 1000 grit. Or you could be sanding with 600 grit and the sanded off material could ball and scratch the surface like 200 grit would. Either way it's bad (although the sencond senario is very unlikely). Wet sanding is pretty much manditory once you get to 400 grit and finer papers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts