S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Hola Bitches
4,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok well I was making some notches to be welded into the frame over the old ones I had some stuff cut and the rear bent foward towards the cab Im not sure what to do ...

the rear bent inwards and up ...it didnt tweak side to side ...but I took the pressure off it and bent it mostly backwards and everything is stable now ...my question is

if I make sure its level side to side ...than level the rear (where the rear bodymounts are) should I than weld in teh new notches and plate the areas good?? ...is taht my best bet?>

EDIT ...that pic is of it yesterday ...hopw the frame was normally/tonight is went it bent foward

·
Hola Bitches
4,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Welp!! Bent My Frame!!

also ...if I check the level on the gas tank x-member is taht good enough?

·
Hola Bitches
4,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
COME ON ANYONE HAVE ANY ADVICE ...IM PRETTY MUCH FREAKING OUT HERE ..haha

·
Registered
174 Posts
well you still have the old notches in there still right??? well cant you level off of them sence you leveled them when you or who ever installed them.. besides that i dont know what to tell you... i hope someone else can be better help

·
Hola Bitches
4,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no the notches when put in by someone else ..thats why im doing it over ...they werent level

·
Hola Bitches
4,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks man ...I really need some advice .,..this is my first build of anything this sort

·
Slammedcruiser98
1,269 Posts
alittle confused at what your saying..the back half(behind notch/back of truck) side of frame was warped from welding new notches and when you seperated old notches the frame visabley moved?? as long as the bed mounts are level like the truck should have been on the jacks(hopefully) then your bed will sit right and line up with cab.. don't worry too much when workin on these projects.. your hair will fall out haha..

·
Hola Bitches
4,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
no no no ...I didnt weld in the new ones the old ones were in ...and the frame from and behind the notch started caving inwards and the bed mounts moved upwards on a slant ...like both sides of the notch on teh left and right started moving inwards

·
Hola Bitches
4,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
EDIT ...the picture I was making to describe didnt work out ... basically the back half from the notch back is all F-ed up right now ...I am not sure how to get it back to being straigtht

·
Hola Bitches
4,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
no ..whgat I was trying to do was push the frame up with a floor jack near where the gas tank x-member is ./..and when I did that it moved/pushed the rear back down ...I think if I were to level off teh x-m ember ...from tmy 3 link ...than level off the rear side/side and front to back do you think that would be sufficient for me to than weld in my new notches?

·
Hola Bitches
4,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think its salvagable ..I just need to straighten it back enough to weld in teh new notches ...it bent inwards towards the old notches...so I got it now pushed out and down but not sure where to go from there ...should I level out the whole frame again ...and check by the bopdy mounts if its level front to back?

·
Hola Bitches
4,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
haha ...I need more ..lol

·
Hola Bitches
4,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
alright well im going to sleep hopefully someone cou;ld throw me some more advice by tommorow ..thankjs

·
murse
13,200 Posts
alls i can say is good luck. sucks when bad things happen to good people and you dood...i can tell your good people. hope everything works out bro.

·
Shit's Weak
1,970 Posts
i say just bend it back down to level with the other side. just keep putting bars across with a level and make sure that it is perfect from side to side all the way from the notch back.

·
Registered
14,881 Posts
your gona have to support the back section of the frame seperatly from the rest of the frame while your working. The easiest way to check and fix this is to make a frame gig of some sorts. Heres a real quick little art drawing to help explain what im talking about.

The frame is the black parts the front of the frame is on top with the bed mounts sicking out the sides. THe blue bars are laid on top the mounting holes for the bed and bolted down tight. The last too bars that are red are welded or clamped on top the 4 cross bars. Once everything is tight and clamped together... the bars will hold the back half of the frame up by the front bed mounts that you know are strait. that will hold everything strait while you weld the notches in. now to do this your gona need some strong box tubing that wont bend easily... not just a few 2x4's That make any sense?

Attachments

·
Hola Bitches
4,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
well I have 2x3 for the notches nothing that large ...I was also thinking of either ...laying the truck out on the ground ...and manipulating the rear straight again ...I understand the gig but I dont ahve that type of metal

1 - 20 of 41 Posts