S-10 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Moving Violationz NE Member
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Intake has arrived per UPS tracking #. I will go home today and put the intake together and hopefully get it installed tonight since it is my only night off.

I will let everyone know how it turns out:D :D :D :D

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOO

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
IM excited can u tell

·
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah thanks. I think I'm going to ask my friend here that does all his motor work(impala ss) to help me out with it. I bowl with him tonight so I will do it after that.

·
Medium Pimpin'
2,403 Posts
yudruln said:
Yeah thanks. I think I'm going to ask my friend here that does all his motor work(impala ss) to help me out with it. I bowl with him tonight so I will do it after that.
it is easy you should have it done in 30 mins, just don't forget to take all the plastic pieces out and it goes right on.......

·
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess the only hard part is getting th esilencer off. Other than that should be good

·
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well The intake is ON. HOLY *****.:D :D > i AM SO glad I got the K&N intake. FITS perfect and the sound is unbelivable. I can not get over the difference in sound (specially with my flowmaster muffler). Took me 20 minutes to install. The silencer didn't give me any problems at all. I jsut pulled and pushed the hose forward.

Also noticed big difference in pull in 2nd and 3rd(5spd). I definatley noticed more HP. I think with reg size stock tires i could chirp 3rd. I can lay a good strip in second(longer then when I had drop in filter)

well thought I would let everyone know. I will post some pics when I take them(soon)

·
Paint Needing Mofo
639 Posts
yudruln said:
Well The intake is ON. HOLY *****.:D :D > i AM SO glad I got the K&N intake. FITS perfect and the sound is unbelivable. I can not get over the difference in sound (specially with my flowmaster muffler). Took me 20 minutes to install. The silencer didn't give me any problems at all. I jsut pulled and pushed the hose forward.

Also noticed big difference in pull in 2nd and 3rd(5spd). I definatley noticed more HP. I think with reg size stock tires i could chirp 3rd. I can lay a good strip in second(longer then when I had drop in filter)

well thought I would let everyone know. I will post some pics when I take them(soon)
told ya you'd be happy with it... :D that's cool that the silencer didn't give you as much trouble as it did for me.

·
Trick MotorSports!
1,253 Posts
I couldn't get over the sound change either.

I was trying to race people in the middle of december; I was so pumped!

·
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not to sound like an ***$ but I'm glad I went with the K&N, I have seen the Volant and it looks nice but as for sound the K&N has it beat.

But hey as long as we like it and it sounds good and more HP(for our huge motors) IT'S ALL GOOD

·
Trick MotorSports!
1,253 Posts
yudruln said:
Not to sound like an ***$ but I'm glad I went with the K&N, I have seen the Volant and it looks nice but as for sound the K&N has it beat.

But hey as long as we like it and it sounds good and more HP(for our huge motors) IT'S ALL GOOD
As far as sound....its nearly identical. I heard Cale's (4bangin) and we sound **** near the same.

·
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What type of exhaust does he have?????

all I know is I'm VERY HAPPY with this intake. I'm sure your are to with yours. I almost bought the volant but K&N is smog legal and only $25more

·
Paint Needing Mofo
639 Posts
yudruln said:
What type of exhaust does he have?????

all I know is I'm VERY HAPPY with this intake. I'm sure your are to with yours. I almost bought the volant but K&N is smog legal and only $25more
I bet you're wishin you had it when we were all at Capitol Raceway... :D although, it was still hotter than hell then.

·
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah I'm wishing I had it when I was down in MD but yet again it was like 95 with 100%humidity. owell. I know it is faster now,now i need a chip,wires,plugs and some more goodies and I will be golden. I need to slow down a little starting to REALLY add up. but that's the fun in it

·
Trick MotorSports!
1,253 Posts
Cale has a Hooker Aerochamber too....only he has a single in/dual out and I have a turndown, so our exhausts sounded different. Mine was lower and louder.

·
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Does a turndown actually make your exhaust louder?
Do you lose HP that way or not? I have flowmaster deltaflow on my X and I love the sound but I want to do a turndown, so should I have them chop the pipe and make it at an angle.

I have side swip exit right now

1 - 16 of 16 Posts