S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
soLoRed
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i picked this sub up today... called a jl audio w7 :D... and now i have to build a massive ass box for it and get a massive ass amp... lucky i just bought my ext cab, but i need a eninge!!! im gunna keep running into problems i just know it.. oh well!!

ill post some pics wen i get this thing in there

-db

·
soLoRed
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
heh ya.,.. i think i may stick with the one and maybe sell it and get 2 12" mtx 9500 series subs

-db

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
I've got the setup in my ex cab that's in my sig and I have to say that I love it. People are always astounded that so much bass comes from a single 12. I jus smile an keep on playin.

OH here's a story; One night we were all jus chillin out in our dorms when all the power went out. Like the entire dorm complex lost it. The college an the parking lots around the dorms still were lit though, but anyways. So everyone starts congregating (sp) in the middle courtyard an some people start up a couple light shows (ya know, dancing with glo sticks an such). But there was one thing missing............MUSIC! Hahaha, I pull the X right in front of the area, open up the doors, and I start up the techno (eh, it's what the ppl wanted). It sounded like we were in a giant club guys, it kicked ASS. I had a half dozen guys come up askin me what I had in there. One guy was bein a real ass about things an asked with a smirk "How many watts are you running to that sub, like 500?" . I just laughed at him and said "Nah, try about 1200rms". His jaw dropped to the ground an his buddy started laughin at him lol.

Ah, that was an awsome night. Now I'm the kid with the badass truck on campus haha. :headbang:

·
soLoRed
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
damn man that sounds awsome!!! well i need to find a single 10" sub box for this thing... i am planin on buildiong one but i want one for now just for shits n giggles.. so ya... hmm u got a pick of ur set up?? and ya man whoa1!! i hope mine sounds that good

-db

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
One word of advice, get a ported box for sure. I don't have any pics right now though. My box is tuned around 32hz though, and I love it.

·
Registered
6,955 Posts
w7's are kick ass i have 2 in a 6cuft ported box with 2 1000/1's peopel cant belive i am only running 2 12's they crap when they hear all that bass comeing from a reg cab truck and w7's are single 3 ohm vc so alot of the amps you guys are talking about only put out that wattage at 2 ohm not 3 so your 1200.1 is only gonna do 700 ish at 3 ohm thats why jl audio did it so you have to buy there amp kinda sucks but the setup together rocks

·
98 Noma ZQ8
605 Posts
i have a 13W7. just hooked it up this weekend. the 13 is DVC 1.5 ohm, but the 8, 10, and 12 are single voice coil. i am running a Memphis 16PRK1D to mine right now. its actually pretty loud and it dims the hell out of my lights so i know its getting some juice at 3 ohm. now i just need to get a cap cause my alt will crap out sooner or later.

·
soLoRed
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
cap??? dont get a cap dude ull waste ur money, upgrade ur battery and alternator... before u screw ur alternator up... and if u do that it may couse some more damage on theway... caps dont do much really, battery alternator..

-db

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
I don't know what 8's 10's an 12's you're talking about, but mine is DVC at 2.7ohms (basically 3 ohms).

·
Registered
6,955 Posts
your 12w7 is not dual voice coil unless jl made one just for you or i think your lieing now and dont have a w7 might wanna read up www.jlaudio.com

·
soLoRed
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
mines a single voice... 3 ohm rated..

i think JL did come out with a dvc... but there rare or sumthin i have herd of them beein dvc... it makes more sense... cuz ppl with 1 sub can wire it up to 2ohm and bridge it off a 2 chan amp and get every last bit of power the amp can give it... but w/e just wat i herd

-db

1 - 20 of 34 Posts