S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got the motor/tranny in, waiting for a non-computer distributor to ship in, then little misc. stuff and she will be on the road hopefully, excuse the quadrajunk carb, i am poor right now and can't afford that beautiful edelbrock 600 i want

·
I am all that is man.....
433 Posts
edelbrocks are just a plain street carb, not tuning or anything required. A holley, you better know how to change jets and stuff.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i've messed around with holley's and one back fire can ruin the power valve, i'll skip on that cuz if u blow that out u gotta go buy another 16 dollar rebuild kit, tear it all apart and put it back to gether then if it backfires again u still where u started with, a piece of junk carb, edelbrock is basically a bolt on, and adjust 2 screws and down the road u go, holley u gotta change jets, and some of the gaskets are lower than the float bowl, that could cause problems down the road

V.V.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I've run Holley carbs for 20 years,and never once blown a power valve.It is more of an advertising gimmic for the competition IMO.So, Holley countered by adding blow out protection

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i posted the pictures last night before midnight and this morning they won't show up, i also posted other pictures on other forums so hopefully this picture will work

·
footbraker
1,236 Posts
If you use a Holley, be sure it has center hung floats, and preferably mechanical secondaries, because, as I have said before, the 1850 and clones are junk. There's nothing wrong with Q jet or Edelbrock/Carter carbs. The Ededlbrock is the EASIEST carb to tune I have ever had. You dont even need to drain the bowls to change the jets and if you RTFM you can also change the metering rods and enrichment springs by removing 2 screws. I can change my mixture in less than 5 minutes. Most times the jets dont need to be changed because there are so many different metering rods to choose from. The Holley (double pumpers) will make slightly more top end HP than any other carb but I don't think they give the best economy or driveability. Oh yeah, if you're blowing power valves, it's not the carbs fault.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts