S-10 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are the little 70 amp welders at wal mart good enough to dothibng liek shaved door handels and stuff liek that. basically for like tact welding the thing liek door handles and stuff.. Thanks

·
Registered
67 Posts
if it's a stick weld it could get pretty messy, i use a lincoln sp135 gas mig welder myself you can turn the heat down enough that you dont burn holes in panels while you weld

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
results said:
if it's a stick weld it could get pretty messy, i use a lincoln sp135 gas mig welder myself you can turn the heat down enough that you dont burn holes in panels while you weld[/quote

It is a mig i guess. It has the little wire that feeds out the end of it.. Just want it for little projects like shaved door handles tailgate handle stuff like that.

·
tuckin' fx4
3,888 Posts
then its a mig if the wire feeds out of it so yeah that is a good thing to use for shaving stuff its also imo the easiest type of welding

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
its a no gas one, and its like a cambell huasfeld or summin liek that. is it still good enough for what i want?

·
Registered
67 Posts
you can still use it for what you want but it wont be as clean as a gas flux, however check and see if you can get a gas conversion kit i know most welders you can

1 - 7 of 7 Posts