S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys howsit going i wanted to get some opinions on this.....i have a lincoln sp125 mig welder, with c02 argon mix gas and well i was wondering if it would give me enough penetration to weld in step notches, 4link mounts and bag brackets???? i have heard both yes it will and no it won't was looking for more help as to if it would do it, anythinkg would be helpful so thanks in advance.

joshey

·
Registered
12,726 Posts
hipoblaze said:
hey guys howsit going i wanted to get some opinions on this.....i have a lincoln sp125 mig welder, with c02 argon mix gas and well i was wondering if it would give me enough penetration to weld in step notches, 4link mounts and bag brackets???? i have heard both yes it will and no it won't was looking for more help as to if it would do it, anythinkg would be helpful so thanks in advance.

joshey
Yeah it should be enuf. I would make sure you have it setup right before you start tho and maybe run it a little hot or do one pass then let it cool off and do annother.

·
I BURN THINGS
5,880 Posts
I've used the same welder to section a frame rail on a '01 full size Chevy truck. If you have the settings right it welds very nicely.:thumbup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts