S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get this clicking noise from my truck when I push on the gas pedal hard.
It only happens when my truck is in gear.
I have a 5speed.
When I'm in nuetral or have the clutch pushed in and I rev up it won't make the nosie but when I'm driving it will.
Any idea what it might be?:confused:

·
Registered
217 Posts
could be one of two things your throw out bearing could be messed up but that usually is a loud squeaking sound like a slipping belt

could also be that u have a blown spark plug and it only gives you trouble under a load not while in neutral

·
Registered
217 Posts
ya i didnt think of that it coud be that something is wired wrong or its cross fireing under a load and not at idle but even just sitting still and reving up the motor ud notice it

for a while i had a rattleing in mine and i found out it was in teh front brakes theres a small rubber bushing on teh caliber itself that the bolts go thru that hold the assembly together it would make all sorts of noise till i hit the brakes and things tightened up

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I hope its just the plugs since I bought some not too long ago just havn't had time to put them in.
I was thinking of runnning a T.B. spacer but I have a cold air intake. Would I have to cut an inch of the intake so it will fit because its hooked to the alternator and the Fan shroud?

·
Registered
114 Posts
I get a ticking in my engine when accelorating or when in neutral and revving the gas.. Mine starts at about 1800rpm's when in neutral.. I just took it to the dealer today and they told me it could be my injectors, exhaust leak, or something else. I am putting it in thursday for them to figure it out. I will let you know what they tell me..

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. I just ran fuel injector cleaner not too long ago. It wasn't doing it then. I could have an exhaust leak since I have an aftermarket exhaust. Probably between my mid-pipe and cat.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I let you know next week after I take my in.. I took it in a while back and they told me it was in the air intake and that was normal. This time I talked to the same guy and he told me about the injectors and exhaust. I talked to someone on another board and they mentioned that it could be something to do with the lifters. Someone else told me that they had the problem and the dealer ended up replacing the rings.

·
drag~N~spark
9,530 Posts
on my mini its a 4cyl 2.2, 5-speed, it has the worst sound it taps like you would not believe, i have been told it could be the lifters, the cam, the oil sending unit, the oild pump, u get the idea...i hate it cause i took it to the service shop at the dealer and the just told me it was my timing and i was like ok check it and they did, and still didnt find out what was wrong with it, so i said screw it im just going to do a drive train swap.<<<i was going to do this anyways so i guess its no big deal. but back to what i was sayin' it could be anything, i just hope you figure it out before it gets worse like mine.

lol sorry i had to vent there!

peace, steve

·
Registered
23 Posts
BLACKLOCK said:
I let you know next week after I take my in.. I took it in a while back and they told me it was in the air intake and that was normal. This time I talked to the same guy and he told me about the injectors and exhaust. I talked to someone on another board and they mentioned that it could be something to do with the lifters. Someone else told me that they had the problem and the dealer ended up replacing the rings.
I am in the process of replacing my rings because the oil ring in the #2 cylinder either broke or get stuck. But when i noticed i had a bad oil ring i heard the same clicking noise. so i am hoping by replacing the rings it will fix the clicking noise too.

·
drag~N~spark
9,530 Posts
nope, not at all, but i have been told it could be my oil pump, and i have replaced everyting else to get it to stop

·
drag~N~spark
9,530 Posts
$73 at car parts.com o.e.m i think im going to try that first before i do drive train swaps

·
Registered
23 Posts
dropindaS-mini said:
$73 at car parts.com o.e.m i think im going to try that first before i do drive train swaps
Hopefully that will work for ya, let me know what happens.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hey, I just got my truck back from the dealer for the ticking noise. I made sure to point out the noise before I left it there to make sure they could not just say they did not hear it. They told me they added some kind of oil supplement to it that is supposed to free up stuck lifters and stuff. They said they drove it and have not heard the noise any more. I picked it up and drove it I did not hear the noise at first but I think it is coming back. They told me if I hear it again to bring it back in. I think I might take it back in.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts