S-10 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
This season SUCKS.
15,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I just bought my 5sp 97 dime today, and I'm a little confused about some noises I'm hearing... After I turn the truck off, and open the door, with the key removed, I hear 5 distinct beeps... Any idea what that is? Also, is it normal to hear a bit of rattling/clunking/clicking when I shift? I'm pretty sure that's just my linkage, or my bad shifting skills... I haven't driven a manual tranny since summer of 2002, so I'm a lil' rusty.... Any theories? The truck shifts just fine, no hesitation, slipping, shuddering, or anything else that would point to a problem....

·
Autocross'n Member
363 Posts
Does it have an aftermarket head unit?If so,is it a Pioneer w/detachable face?Those 5 beeping sounds would be the stereo reminding you to remove the faceplate.You can disable it.But I'd have to look it up in the book to tell you how.

·
Slowest Member EVER
596 Posts
Mine beeps 5 times. It's my aftermarket Pioneer headunit like mentioned above.

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
mine too.....

it is common to hear a little bit of metallic clinky noise when you shift in these trucks.....they're loud trucks

Caleb

·
This season SUCKS.
15,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bingo, we have a winner... Pioneer head unit... I had a very similiar head unit in my old car, and it never made that noise, although it was programmed before I bought the car. I'm glad that there's nothing major wrong with my truck, other than the worn driver's door bushings, and a single dime-sized rust spot. (getting fixed ASAP)

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have a noise for you guys to distiguish what it is cause I can't figure it out when you mash the gas the exhaust sounds like it's choking a cat??????????

·
This season SUCKS.
15,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay, about that Pioneer head unit... Does anyone know how to set the damned clock? I've always been lousy as setting stereo's clocks... Last time, I just asked my brother to do it... Or rather, he did it for me, while I lent him my car....

·
Store bought ain't custom
516 Posts
you could probably download a manual from the pioneer web site. Should only need the model number.

·
This season SUCKS.
15,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll get around to that later, when I have time... Maybe around 2006???? I hate my life, way too busy for what I love to do... :(

·
Slowest Member EVER
596 Posts
In most pioneer headunits to set the clock you must turn off the unit first and then hold down a function button. I know it on mine but not sure what button it would be on yours.

·
Hates 'know-it-alls'
26,065 Posts
Orange Julious said:
I have a noise for you guys to distiguish what it is cause I can't figure it out when you mash the gas the exhaust sounds like it's choking a cat??????????

At least yours make a noise. When I mashed the gas on my mighty 2.2 it didn't do anything...lol

As for the beeping noise, almost all aftermarkt head units with removeable faceplates make that noise. You get used to it after awhile, but until then it's really annoying.

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
On my pioneer I have to turn it off and then hold the bottom function button on the right for like 5 seconds....then it comes up with the clock screen.....there are so many menus and submenus on the thing, it gets confusing after a while.

Caleb

1 - 14 of 14 Posts