S-10 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Nitto1320 M O D
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Vehicle: 1993 Oldsmobile Bravada 4.3 CPI 130,000 miles

Problem: Vehicle starts fine, but has a VERY rough idle, like very shaky and sputters and the whole 9 yards... give it gas (rev it up) and it revs perfect and smooth.
After running if you look at the garage floor under the exhaust pipe, there is black sut everywhere.
If you try to drive it, the engine seems to be taking all the vacuum because the brakes are hard as a rock and the engine also sputters under load.

Has new CPI/nut kit and new cap, rotor, plugs, wires, 02 sensor ...
seems to burn up rotor buttons really easy too ??

Has check engine light (code 43 i believe) which pertains to the knock sensor...

Stock Fuel Filter and Stock Catalytic converter.

Other than the obvious replacing the fuel filter and cutting off the cat (which I will do on my next day off) , what else could it be???? This is my vehicle to drive while my truck is under the knife so I kinda need it to be running good.

·
Banned
2,361 Posts
injector spider unit. take off your throttle body and the upper intake... if there is gas everywhere under the tb after you take it and the upper off then thats what it is. or you just have a big vac leak somewhere

·
Nitto1320 M O D
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Has new CPI/nut kit
Changed the fuel filter today.. a lot of rust in the lines.. I think im gonna get a new gas tank.. but still doesnt explain the vacuum problem... got new plenum and manifold gaskets today but havent yet installed them.. Ill keep u updated, thanks for the ideas

And the EGR is new.

·
Registered
990 Posts
guhman2002 said:
Changed the fuel filter today.. a lot of rust in the lines.. I think im gonna get a new gas tank.. but still doesnt explain the vacuum problem... got new plenum and manifold gaskets today but havent yet installed them.. Ill keep u updated, thanks for the ideas

And the EGR is new.
pull it back off and make sure its not jammed open with carbon chunks(if it is, unjam is, and use a screened gasket{Standard Ignition Parts, P/N VG57})

·
Nitto1320 M O D
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
its been cleaned many times

·
Nitto1320 M O D
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Could it be the MAP sensor... is there anyway to check them?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts