S-10 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,

Right now my project truck sits with a about a 4" drop up front and 4" in the rear. I am using spindles up front with 2" drop dprings and dearched leafs and blocks in the back.

My question. I got new wheels went from 15's to 18's and I dont like the front fender gap. I want the truck lower but I dont want it totally undriveable even thought I barely drive it anyways. Thats where bags come into play, but what I want to know is can I get a pair of bags and some airline and fittings and bag cups do all the install upfront and just leave the lines with some like schraeder type fittings just so I can raise and lower it at home with my compressor when I want, and then later on add the tank valves and compressor? and how would I go about doing this.

Once again I barely drive this thing ......

thanks Greg

·
no more S10
17,421 Posts
You can do it but it's really not safe or smart. If you were to have a leak or something you would not be able to fill your bags up or if you came accross and obstacle in the road and needed to air up quick you'd be SOL.

Some may say this is ghetto but if you must absolutely be cheap about it you could get away with a small Viair 280 compressor for about $120, a 3 gallon tank for probably $30 or $40 and just one pair of valves for the whole front. Again, this isn't the best setup at all and is often reguarded as "ghetto" and well, it aint a good one, but it's better than shrader valves and no air supply.

·
bagged1
2,216 Posts
If you wanted to go old school with a twist...run some manual valves, #2500 bags, and a small nitroge/scuba tank & a regulator....

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it was more of a temporary thing. I have had the truck for 3.5 years and have probably put 50-100km on it. I graduated but I have fridays off at my new course im taking and I was thinking about going back to my old schools shop to do the cutting and fitting and welding in 1 day. run the shraeders or something to drive it back home that day and then it would sit in my garage for a while so I can finish my interior and do a nice tank/compressor install.

I also wanted to get my seats redone so I didnt wanna drop a grand for the seats and a grand for an air setup at the same time.

but if this is totally dumb just shoot the idea down because I dont settle for shit (ghetto) work. I just wanted to take the chance while I have it of doing the welding etc at my schools shop.

I have lots of other stuff at home just no welder.

also 1 more thing ... whats the ride quality difference between bag setup vs a spring shock setup vs a bag and shock (relocated) setup.

Thanks Greg

·
dubdS10
1,275 Posts
You may as well save up and do it all at the same time. It's not the best to have the front airbag'd but no good way of airing it up incase it goes down over night etc. You wouldn't want to drive it around and park and then have a small leak or anything.

And if you don't want to be ghetto, make sure you run shocks with bags all the way around the truck.

The ride difference is HUGE when running no shocks vs. shocks. Without shocks it can become very dangerous and you wont pass a VI. The bag ride vs. static is a better ride, so no worries, it wont be worse than the spindle/coils.

Nate

1 - 5 of 5 Posts