S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
!! TALK NOW !!
4,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Height Regulations

I was looking around for a site for hieght regualtion in states. I am working on something for every state the max up and down and some other regs. If you find or know FOR SURE the law in a state. Let me know by e=mail or AIM. Here is something for some of the states. Let me know!!!!!

HERE YOU GO!!!!

[email protected] - e=mail
Drps10 - AIM

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
Aight guys, since it seems to be a slightly big issue around the country, anybody that has the vehicle codes for your state(preferably any cops on here) regarding anything that has to do with bags, such as stance, or loads, or adjustments while driving and that sort of stuff, that you can copy and paste, or type, e-mail them to me, [email protected]. I will make a compilation of as many as possible and add them to the bag FAQ. I will not close this thread, but please, no usless posting, or it will be closed.

Thanks,
Matt

·
Resident Wetback
11,267 Posts
I live in North Carolina. I e-mailed the NCDMV and asked about the laws, and this is the response from them.

Mr. Barrientoz:
Your recent email concerning lowered vehicles was forwarded to my
office for a response. You can only raise or lower a passenger
vehicle 6 inches from the manufacturer's specified height. The
law does not address hydraulics or springs etc...
Thank you

·
!! TALK NOW !!
4,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
adding a site

HERE IS ANOTHER GOOD SITE FOR HEIGHT REG.

ANOTHER GOOD SITE!!!

If you are a mod. might move this thread to suspension. I didn't think to put it in there.

·
stock height sux!!!!
223 Posts
lol only 6 inches there are alot trucks down hear in davie county that have more than a foot of lift easly

·
Founding member of DA
5,240 Posts
massachusetts law state you can have pnematic<sp> or hydraulic suspension and you cant alter hight while moving at a speed greater than 25 mph on a public rd and when driving vehicle has to be no more than 2 inches up or down from stock

·
Ask me if I care
506 Posts
Connecticut:

Lowest part of vehicle must be at least 4 " off the ground. That goes for x memembers, gastanks, etc that maybe below the frame rails.
Unsure of laws regarding bags and hydro's.

·
New To The Game. . .
250 Posts
Most

Most dont have any clearance issuses but headlight placement issues. In most states the minimum height of your headlights should be no less than 22inches form the ground and no more than 56 inches form the ground. Thus no actual height regulation as the placement of your truck.

·
second dime around
925 Posts
Re: Most

superfrigincow said:
Most dont have any clearance issuses but headlight placement issues. In most states the minimum height of your headlights should be no less than 22inches form the ground and no more than 56 inches form the ground. Thus no actual height regulation as the placement of your truck.
thats what it is hear in so-cal (so ive been told)
i will try and get some info hear i know a few cops

·
Its that dam ADD!
4,742 Posts
down here in Louisiana you gotta be 4 inches off the ground for the lowest point and the headlights cant be more than 44-48 inches at the middle I think

·
Registered
191 Posts
The State Troopers around here (Middle Tennessee) are telling us that the rear license plate must be 12" from the ground in the stock location.

·
Registered
148 Posts
i live in maine and the law for lowered cars and trucks is the frame end height front and rear must be 10" off the ground. on the frame rails where the bumpers bolt on, the bottom of that.

·
!! TALK NOW !!
4,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I called the stat police office and in Illinois at this time, there are no limits to how low you can go except for;
*The gas tank cannot be exposed to cause damage to it when in an accident.
*The frame cannot make contact with the ground under normal driving conditions ( you cannot alter the ride height while driving).
*The wheels/tires cannot make contact with the body under normal driving conditions
Thanks to reddogg95s10, he e=mail me this information

·
lower than you
635 Posts
well in the pheonix (sp) area. there is no limit. i blew a bag the other day and 4 high way patrol guys said the same thing. bags are legal and drive at the hieght you want.

·
!! TALK NOW !!
4,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
This is what I have so far.

I've been working on it once and awhile. When I have the time. If anyone knows alot about word or something let me know. I really wana do something like have a drop down selection window then pick your state and then the law will pop up. I've tried but no luck. Let me know. Here is what I have so far

Attachments

·
Psycho
447 Posts
in maryland you can go 3 up or down and get away with it but the book say to pass state inspection you can not alter any susp. at all

1 - 20 of 128 Posts