S-10 Forum banner
3741 - 3760 of 3772 Posts

·
time to get cereal
6,836 Posts
Is the air bag system even still intact on that truck? If not, there would be no purpose in getting a wheel with an airbag in it.

Reactions: tugboat

·
Registered
24 Posts
The before and after shots from the front. And an after shot from the rear. And the resting place she drove out of after sitting for 8 years non operational. Tons of work to bring her back, insane amount of detailing and washing but I’m finally happy with how she sits.

I’m going to get an ice chest, bed set up, small chair, and carpet the bed and shell and have a stealth camper/over lander.

will be doing wheels and tires and a lift next.
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

Road surface Plant Asphalt Grass Groundcover

Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Vehicle registration plate Hood

Plant Vehicle Car Vehicle registration plate Hood

·
Premium Member
1994 GMC Jimmy SLE 4.3 CPI 4x4
1,087 Posts
Good on you for saving it, and good job on the clean up. Hoods are cheap, it’s kind of a pain to work that area on the hood. Ask me how I know, if I had to do it again hoods are like $25-30 at my local yard.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive lighting

Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Azure Grille

Water Liquid Hood Azure Fluid

·
Premium Member
2002 blazer xtreme
326 Posts
The leather on my factory wheel is getting worn so I picked up one from the boneyard to send out to be recovered then I will swap them out. That should be good for another 15 to 20 years I would think. :cool:
Do you have a link to the company you sent it to? Also how much did it cost? I'm thinking of doing a Escalade with the wood and having the wood carbon fiber dipped.

·
Old Fart
4,655 Posts
Do you have a link to the company you sent it to? Also how much did it cost? I'm thinking of doing a Escalade with the wood and having the wood carbon fiber dipped.
I haven't sent it in yet as it's pricy to get a quality job done but from what I have seen this place is the best. It is called Craft Customs and here is the link; Leather Steering Wheel Repair – Craft Customs Steering Wheel Repair

Be careful with hydro dippers, I haven't had very good luck with them. One kept my parts for months without touching them and the second one I tried did a good job dipping but not so good spraying the clear over it.

Good Luck, Jim

·
Old Fart
4,655 Posts
The before and after shots from the front. And an after shot from the rear. And the resting place she drove out of after sitting for 8 years non operational. Tons of work to bring her back, insane amount of detailing and washing but I’m finally happy with how she sits.

I’m going to get an ice chest, bed set up, small chair, and carpet the bed and shell and have a stealth camper/over lander.

will be doing wheels and tires and a lift next.
View attachment 361694
View attachment 361697
View attachment 361696
View attachment 361695
A lift? It looks like you have around a foot from the tire to the bottom of the fender openings now. :eek:

·
Registered
24 Posts
A lift? It looks like you have around a foot from the tire to the bottom of the fender openings now. :eek:
Yeah those are the original 14 inch wheels which is why it seems that way. With the whee tire set up mentioned below it’d fill out way more. I’m looking at rough country or the moog springs but it all costs and then I have to align. I don’t really want to adulterate the truck and make it wear out faster although I would love a bit of a lift.

I’m just gonna leave it stock and save money for now. First move will likely be ar767 black wheels in 15x7 and some 235/75/15s in Mud Terrain format. Has old 14inch Mts so I’m gonna chill for a while.

·
Old Fart
4,655 Posts
My S10 came with 16-inch wheels, and I went up to 17s. You might want to go with a more modern tire size as sizes are getting more limited for the smaller old wheel sizes. That would add ground clearance as long as you stick with truck tires.

Reactions: s15_neub

·
Registered
24 Posts
Good on you for saving it, and good job on the clean up. Hoods are cheap, it’s kind of a pain to work that area on the hood. Ask me how I know, if I had to do it again hoods are like $25-30 at my local yard.
View attachment 361711
View attachment 361712
View attachment 361713
Your truck and paint is beautiful!

im just gonna leave all the whiskey dents. For now at least. I sanded down to bare metal and then touched up with black high temp engine paint and clear coat to seal everything up and stop the rust. The old me would be super butt hurt and need it to be perfect but it’s an honest work truck that lived a hard life and I just want to clean it up as nice as I can without tearing it up TOO much hahah something about leaving the factory torqued and aligned hood bolts makes me feel good. I need to clay and wax and clay and wax over and over a few times and buff and wax and then I’ll be happy.

My truck is certainly no show truck, but it’s good enough for me to use in the woods as a work truck and maybe, just maybe, roll into town to wet the back neck

·
Registered
24 Posts
My S10 came with 16-inch wheels, and I went up to 17s. You might want to go with a more modern tire size as sizes are getting more limited for the smaller old wheel sizes. That would add ground clearance as long as you stick with truck tires.
Yeah my plan is black American racing d window (ar767s) in 15x7 and an off-road mud terrain tire. I wish I could fit 33x12.5s but that isn’t gonna happen without a 6inch lift. I want to squeeze 31x10.5s but don’t want to cut the truck up. So I’m stuck at 30x9.5 maybe, but likely a 235/75/15.

I have rims in 18 and 20 on my other carsand run 35, 40, and 50 series sidewalls. I want this thing to have that classic off-road look and mostly keep it stock. I know I know I’m crazy lol

·
Old Fart
4,655 Posts
How about this?

BFGOODRICHMUD TERRAIN T/A KM3LT245 /70 R17 119Q E1 RBL

·
Old Fart
4,655 Posts
Or this.

BFGOODRICHALL TERRAIN T/A KO2LT245 /70 R16 113S D1 RWL

3741 - 3760 of 3772 Posts