S-10 Forum banner

3621 - 3636 of 3636 Posts

·
tired member
6 Posts
Not sure of the plans yet but the wheels are going bye bye really digging the patina and sunroof.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Here is my '91 S10... It's a 2.8L 2WD with a 5-speed. I bought it from my Grandfather as he can no longer drive (he's 97 and in hospice care now). Runs and drives great. Only issues I have with it is a hole in the exhaust just before the muffler, a clutch master cylinder that is not doing so well, and the A/C is not working (but it's not the compressor).

My immediate plans:
  • Fix The Master Cylinder
  • Fix the A/C
  • Replace the exhaust (cat back)
  • Replace all of the door rubbers
  • Replace the rain guards (they are cracking)
  • Roll on bed liner
  • Clean up the paint (including removing the bed).
  • Replace all internal and external lighting with LED (except the headlights which will remain sealed beam hals)
Planned improvements/customizations/upgrades
  • Replace the Bench seat with some buckets
  • Build a center console
  • Build an integrated Headache and roof rack (with custom bed rails and a custom tonneau cover)
  • Upgrade the sound (replace the head unit with a 12v 4-channel BT amp, and do something about the speakers)
  • Limited Slip Rear Dif (detroit locker most likely)
  • Lift it up 2"
  • Bigger & wider rims and tires
  • Add some aux LED lighting up front, for the bed and for reverse)
  • 5.3L + 4L60/4L80 swap (eventually).
I really want this to be more like a light duty Pre-Runner style... Limited Slip 2WD with all terrain tires and a 2-4" lift. Something I can daily year round and something I can do some light trails and overlanding with. 4WD would be better, but I'm not sure I want to dive down that rabbit hole of a conversion. Atlas Transfer case and Dana axles all the way around could get pricey. I have to keep most of what I do under the radar (my wife hates the truck), and easy on the wallet. I might be able to sell the 5.3L swap to her by explaining that it's "like" getting a new vehicle for under $5k LOL.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well . . . my little 2000 S10 ain't fancy or tricked out - but my buddy sold it to me for $1 after my F150 died.
I needed a work truck bad!
I got the perfect camper shell: the side windows & back window lift up so I can access tools all around, and they all have key-lock. Have had some or all my ladders strapped on top, as well as 16ft 6x6's!!

• I hope to get another full size, but I love my S10!

·
Old Fart
2,969 Posts
Well . . . my little 2000 S10 ain't fancy or tricked out - but my buddy sold it to me for $1 after my F150 died.
I needed a work truck bad!
I got the perfect camper shell: the side windows & back window lift up so I can access tools all around, and they all have key-lock. Have had some or all my ladders strapped on top, as well as 16ft 6x6's!!

You may find the S10 is more practical for what you are using it for than a full size. That is why I'm driving a 16-year-old truck since the new trucks are too big for my use. Welcome to the group! 😎

3621 - 3636 of 3636 Posts