S-10 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
No service/check engine light? Last time fuel filter was changed. Plugs, wires, cap and rotor?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
yes i put msd spark wire, blaster coil ,ignition box for mroe spak and cap rotar, stock plugs oil change .but it liek cuts off i dunno if its the choke i put on wrong do u know the right way to get it on?

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
I can install and adjust a choke but I can't say if yours is wrong from here. Change the fuel filter. It could be plugged and alow fuel to pass by enough to slowly accelerate but not fast enough to romp on it. If you still have the filter in the carb the best thing to do would remove that filter from the fitting and cut the metal line and install an inline filter with clamps and hose.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
yes i put a new fuel filter becosue toher was plugged when i hit the gas and truck is off it shoots gas into carburator good but ugot a pic of inline i dont get.

·
Registered
1 Posts
so i am new to this forum. but have something i have yet to see on here..i just bought a 1982 s10 durango.. ok but heres the thing. its a short box 1.9 with a mm4 4 speed tranny was also told this was a borg wagner tranny . kinda odd and seems to be rare in the s10. also i have not been ablke to find another short bed durango s10 . they all seem to be long bed 2.8's and it still has the badges on the fenders. im dropinf a 400 sbc in it this week end.. just ordered the conversion kit.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
yep there was the durango, the baja, the cameo, the tahoe, the el, the el being the cheep bastard with a heater and a cigarette lighter as standard equipment everything else an option, the tahoe was eveything standard (ac ps pb auto 4.3 pw pdl cruise etc...) and only a few options the durango was somewhere in the middle, all the others were appearance packages the baja came with a raised stance and a roll and push bars plus the stickers
And seats in the 91 year for the Bajas :p

·
Longbeds FTMFW
8,623 Posts
so i am new to this forum. but have something i have yet to see on here..i just bought a 1982 s10 durango.. ok but heres the thing. its a short box 1.9 with a mm4 4 speed tranny was also told this was a borg wagner tranny . kinda odd and seems to be rare in the s10. also i have not been ablke to find another short bed durango s10 . they all seem to be long bed 2.8's and it still has the badges on the fenders. im dropinf a 400 sbc in it this week end.. just ordered the conversion kit.
it should have a couple other pieces as well if it is a durango... badges on the dash, the steering wheel is slightly different, and the interior is all fancy-pants. Do you have pics of the truck?

I too, have a '82

·
peace and big boobs to u
6,026 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
yep there was the durango, the baja, the cameo, the tahoe, the el, the el being the cheep bastard with a heater and a cigarette lighter as standard equipment everything else an option, the tahoe was eveything standard (ac ps pb auto 4.3 pw pdl cruise etc...) and only a few options the durango was somewhere in the middle, all the others were appearance packages the baja came with a raised stance and a roll and push bars plus the stickers
my truck is the tahoe. no ac/pw/pl/cruise.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I picked up a 84 durango 2wd ext cab little over a yea ago. had a 2.8 with a flat lobe on the cam, installed a new citation X-11 cam and lifters and new timing chain, ran good, bought the truck for 300 had 300 in it fixing it and sold it for 1800, well I bought a little 93 festiva off ebay guy said the engine was blown up, for 500 I got it home and found it had a bad injector,, lol guy had installe da new head gasket it still missed so he installed a new head and it still missed and he thought the engine was bad, so I fixed it for nothing and put it up for sale.. guy comes by to check it out and he starts talking about this s10 he had for sale.. it sounded familure so I asked a couple of questions about it and turned out to be the one I sold a year ago..lol so i checked it out and the guy I sold it to hadn't even put 3k miles on it since I sold it so I traded the festiva to the guy for my truck back..lol guess its ment to be,

·
Registered
449 Posts
I got a 92 4x4 5speed 4.3 manual windows and locks a/c and heat. Anyone know what package I have

21 - 40 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.