S-10 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
1sikdime
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Putting a 350 in a 1985 s10 would i have to put in a short style pump or could i use a long style? Putting dual electic fans with a 4.3 rad.Would it hit the rad or anything. Want to order a chrome one so i think i should know before i do.
thanks

·
gtfo now
1,610 Posts
Both will fit, depends on what accessories you're going to use. Long pump will be a little bit tighter, just move the engine back as far as it'll go, make some room for the distributor by tapping your firewall if you need to. You can also move your radiator into the core support for more room and move your A/C core thingy (can't for the life of me remember what it's called) in front of the core support behind the grille.

·
BADDEST TRUCK IN DFW
2,089 Posts
Condenser....lol

Get the swp no need for that extra 1" when you have a V8 S10...

·
11 second station wagon
2,921 Posts
If your running power steering your life is going to be easier with the long water pump. dual fans are gonna necessitate moving the radiator forward unless you are putting them in front of the radiator. either way bracketry and everything else is more plentiful for the long waterpump......

·
11 second station wagon
2,921 Posts
down2earths10 said:
anyone know of any ps brackets for a swp and vortec heads? sorry to whore your thread man.

Only 1970 and newe5r cars I remember are the

-1972 C-10 pick-up
1975-1981 Chevy monza and clones
-1975 corvettes

Early pumps can be used with newer boxes by simply changing the adapter on the high pressure side.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts