S-10 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am running ls1 camaro water pump with .750 spacer so I can run my truck spaced accessories ,thoughts.....I ran stem vent from heads to the port in the spacers ,Do any of you think this was a bad idea ?meaning causing a cooling problem

·
Registered
7,420 Posts
I feel it should be ok. The water flow through the spacers, should act as a syphon effect, drawing any water / air mix down from the steam ports.

·
4,754 Posts
You need it higher on the radiator to remove air from the system. May work, but I don't know anyone who has done it this way.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I watched a couple you videos .seems like everyone doing something different

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
You really want the steam ports to vent to a pressurized coolant reservoir. or at the very least the top of the radiator.

It has been done many different ways, but like was said above doesn't mean they're all right or good overall.

If you really want to get into it this article is very informative and well written:

I took what I learned from that article and even using what some would consider an undersized radiator have had 25k trouble free miles on my swap with a rock steady temperature gauge. It's a lot to take in, but I think it makes a big difference to setup your cooling system right.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited by Moderator)
You really want the steam ports to vent to a pressurized coolant reservoir. or at the very least the top of the radiator.

i order this . you mine sharing where you got your reservoir from. i using factory 2.2 .since computer mounted on top .
Griffin Thermal Products 1-25271-X - Griffin Universal Fit Radiators
GRI-1-25271-X
Radiator, Universal, Aluminum, Natural, 31 in. Wide, 16 in. High, 3.0 in. Thick, Each
(Mfr. #: 1-25271-X)​

·
B4U Task Force Admin
23,836 Posts
Best thing yo can do is start looking thru Rock Auto. The size will depend on how much real estate you have under the hood. Try different makes/models.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
I've used a bottle out of a 2000 Malibu. Also trying a 2006 Cobalt and 2006 G6. They're a bit more compact, but a bit taller.

I shop the junkyards and test fit them on an S10 before I buy. Hard part is repositioning the PCM and coming up with new mounts.

Also read through my thread that is stickied at the top of the LSx Section

·
Been there Done it
8,383 Posts
You really don't want a 3" thick radiator. I'm running a 2" and it barely fit.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Radiator came in today .it actually shorter than 4.3 radiator ,So it fitted closer to condenser .sent it to fab shop to get a shroud made for 2 12 inch fans ,will post picture Thursday or Friday when get it back

1 - 19 of 19 Posts