S-10 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 S-10 Ext cab ZR-2 that is leaking water inside the passenger side foot well near the kick panel. Well, I'm not exactly sure it's leaking there but that is the place where I see it dripping out. I've had it back to the Chevy dealer (3) times and each time they said they thought they had fixed it, but it still leaks the same as before.....I'm pretty frustrated cause I can't make it leak by spraying a hose from every possible angle from the outside of the vehicle either.

It only leaks when it is raining out, and when the vehicle is moving.

Any other ideas that the dealer or myself may not have thought of?

Thanks!

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the ideas guys.....I'll be trying to find the location of the problem over the Christmas holiday, the company I work for closes for about 2 weeks so I'll have lots of time to try things.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was looking around under the dash over the holiday and found that water is coming in from behind a mechanical "Flap" that is way in behind the glovebox. I'm not sure how its getting to that point because I still can't get the water to come in with a garden hose, but my friend and I went for a ride during a rainstorm and he flipped down the glovebox door and with a flashlight could shine it up there and see it coming in through what appears to be some type of gasket inside a plastic box.......I'm not really sure how to access that area with silicone......the entire heater core and AC unit may need to be removed....I don't really know..???

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.