S-10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Draggin Body Member...
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As most of you know I'm in the proccess of finishing up my body drop, well last night I finished my driver's side tub, I used a piece of 16 gauge plate and rounded it out to fit in where I needed the tub and I did all that (In the proccess I burned my speedometer cable), well as I was looking today the water drains through the firewall, since I have it tubbed now how in the world am I going to drain the water and keep my interior dry?

·
Draggin Body Member...
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol did you not read what I wrote, there is a water drain running through the firewall, it comes from the cowl...

·
Draggin Body Member...
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have any of you ever looked at your cowl? well the cowl is supposed to bring in fresh air, but in the proccess water goes in, and because water comes in it has a drain that runs through the firewall, well because of where I tubbed it the drain is open to the interior, so now I have a choice of blocking it and having water standing in my firewall or making a drain some other way. I figured someone who has tubs would reply, because maybe they will know what I'm talking about...

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
i know what you mean. i would have to see a pic of how you cut out the tub to help you out. or you could also shave the wipers and cowl

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
You cut too much. The bottom of the cowl should not be exposed to the interior, your tub should have butted up right against it, then tack weld the 2 together on the inside and fill ALL seams and joints with seam sealer.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
you can also block it off and get you some 1/4 metal tubing. drill a 1/4" drill bit and drill a hole at the bottom then insert the metal the n weld it in there but leave about 1/2"sticking out so you can use a peice of rubber tubing to drain it where ever you want

·
Draggin Body Member...
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I do have a shaved cowl, but I still have the wipers and where the cowl and the windshield comes together is where the majority of the water comes in... I guess I did cut too much, but from what everyone told me I just cut more then I thought I would need, with the way I have it tubbed currently I could firt 18's with a decent size rubber. But what I was thinking to solve my problem is to weld in pieces on the inside to block off the drain and allow it to drain through the fresh air vent on the side of the cab, which is another thing I'm gonna block off to the interior. I think I did a very good job tubbing it, but its not as perdy as all of these show trucks because I didnt use bondo to smooth it out, I just cleaned the welds up seam sealed it and painted it flat black... I need to get a camera to show it off to everyone.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts