S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
S-Clusive's Jester
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well long story short a drop or filler primer managed to find its way onto my painted hood and then ran the hood line for about half the hood. how can i get this shit off? can i just color sand it out??

·
ROD TWISTIN MEMBER
3,808 Posts
shitty got a pic and how long has it been there maybe some thinner hell I dont know

·
S-Clusive's Jester
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
for like 3 weeks now? i dont have a pic but i can get one tomorrow. i dont think thinner would be a great idea on clear coat lol.

·
your opinion sucks
2,890 Posts
If it's on top of the clear, GENTLY scrape it with a razor blade. Whats left can be lightly sanded and buffed off.

P.S. stay the hell away from the clear with thinner.

·
S-Clusive's Jester
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so just slowly at a 160 degree angle chip it off? im guessing this is gonna scratch the shit outta my clear

·
Registered
120 Posts
use paint reducer that should take it off and not f up your dlear

·
S-Clusive's Jester
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
where can i get reducer?

·
ROD TWISTIN MEMBER
3,808 Posts
those are cool as shit :tup:

·
'95 Dime
557 Posts
clay bar..

·
graduated!!!!
1,045 Posts
TruStinger said:
where can i get reducer?
dude Hi-tech auto supply is just off lake otis, they are some good folks down there... there's a cute girl in there sometimes...

next time i run out to kims i'll look at your spot, is it where? ahh hell.... i'll find it

was it when you guys did danny's?

my neighbors did their house and i had some blue house paint on my truck... :rant:
.... so i know whats up, i am pretty sure we can take it off with a blade, i know a guy thats the -ish when it comes to taking stuff off with a blade ( he was a detailer and was always pulling stickers off soccer mom rides....)

·
NTBSSHEVN
9,248 Posts
Have you tried a clay bar yet?

·
your opinion sucks
2,890 Posts
Screw the clay bar idea. If it would take off primer, why wouldn't it take off clear and color too?

·
ROD TWISTIN MEMBER
3,808 Posts
:stupid:

·
Registered
30 Posts
don't use reducer! that's retarded, it will fade ur clear...hit it with 600 grit in that area, then 1000, then rub it out with some compound, polish it with machine glaze, then apply some swirl remover

·
NTBSSHEVN
9,248 Posts
casey53 said:
Screw the clay bar idea. If it would take off primer, why wouldn't it take off clear and color too?
It says it will take off overspray. I'm not sure how it works but it basically removes the contamination on top of the clear coat.

·
S-Clusive's Jester
3,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
thanks guys. i think ill try the plastic razor blade thing first theyre only 99 cents. ya andy i went to school with that girl there. id pee in her butt. i dont know how well a clay par would work onthat its not firm enough i think.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts