S-10 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Damn right I'm a maniac.
9,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Finally got around to buying a new battery for my camera..the old one wouldn't hold a charge anymore. Ran the truck thru the carwash today so I decided to snap a few new pics.

Also some shots of my painted dash trim:

Over the weekend I removed the tool box and bedrails, and I have a soft tonneau on the way; should be here tomorrow or Thursday. I still need to get me some new exhaust tips, and I plan to relocate the trailer wiring connector and cut off the brushguard mounts up front. Also planning on dropping the truck 3/3 once I get some more cash on hand. What do you guys think?

·
Check your ground
30,848 Posts
i think it looks awesome man. i had no idea you got rid of your brushguard. the only thing i dont like is the exhaust sticking out like that.

·
Damn right I'm a maniac.
9,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man :) I took the brushguard off several months ago, right around the same time as I removed all the body moldings and added the 98-up front bumper. I do plan on redoing the exhaust, but not sure what I'm going to do yet. I plan on keeping the hitch, so I'm thinking about maybe having the pipes come out at 45 degree angles on either side with chrome tips similar to what I have now (but not all rusted :haha:)

·
Damn right I'm a maniac.
9,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update for anyone that cares. My tonneau from Summit Racing arrived today. It's an Extang Classic Platinum. I installed it after work today. I think it really cleans up the look of the back end.

Man I really need to get my truck professionally polished...the clear coat is lookin' kinda hazy...

·
Damn right I'm a maniac.
9,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ended up being $230.45 shipped. Ordered it Friday night from Summit Racing, and it was on my porch today sometime before lunch. Summit also sent me a $20 store credit since it was my first time buying from them.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
looks tight man keep up the good work

·
UNBANNED BITCHES!!
2,007 Posts
PSYKO_Inc said:
Summit also sent me a $20 store credit since it was my first time buying from them.
now order a transmission mount from them made by energy and youll get it for like $10.oo shipped!!

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
I like it man. How you got your fogs mounted? I am going to install some fogs soon and want to have some way of adjusting them.

·
Usted huele como un asno
1,197 Posts
don't worry about the exhaust man... you'll end up cuttting it off b4 the the axle when you finally give up and bag it.. also, keep the hitch and drag it off. once you hang around this forum for long enough you'll end up baggin your truck. trust me.
:monkeypee:booty:

·
Damn right I'm a maniac.
9,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
TnHombre said:
now order a transmission mount from them made by energy and youll get it for like $10.oo shipped!!
Actually I'm planning on saving up for a couple weeks and putting that 20 towards a set of 3" drop coils and front shocks. If I were to go with the Summit brand stuff I can get coils and front shocks for about $115 shipped after the store credit :cool:
JediSpam said:
ah the pipes my eyes.. and the iron cross. front end looks good
The pipes will be changed soon, and the iron cross is better than a big ugly hitch receiver IMO
dillon_b12 said:
I like it man. How you got your fogs mounted? I am going to install some fogs soon and want to have some way of adjusting them.
I actually just screwed the brackets into the bottom side of the valence. I screwed them to the bottom instead of the top to try to get them recessed a little bit more. With the brackets the lights came with, I can adjust the lights up and down quite a bit, and a little bit of side to side adjustment as well due to the slotted holes in the brackets.

To everyone else, thanks for the comments :)

·
Searching no more
2,467 Posts
If you're getting new pipes, don't get chrome tips!! I made that mistake a few years back. Chrome tips rust through really quick and will just end up looking like yours do right now after about 2-3 years. Go stainless steel and just polish them with some stainless steel cleaner every once in a while. Mine still look great, and I've had them for about 4 years now.

Here are a few pictures

Chrome tips after about 3 years (also after an accident)

Stainless steel magnaflow system w/tips:

...and now...although you can't see tips...just so you know i'm not so high anymore.

·
Damn right I'm a maniac.
9,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ya know, it never even occured to me to use stainless tips :doh: The chrome tips looked good when I bought the truck back in 2001, and just slowly went to shit. I think I'll go ahead and spend the money and get stainless tips this time. Thanks for the heads up!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts