S-10 Forum banner

Wanting to bad, but i dont want to lay out.

2K views 40 replies 17 participants last post by  Braind3ad 
#1 ·
Just a curious question.. I would like to have the nice smooth ride of airbags, but i dont want to get into notching and everything, im not wanting to lay frame or anything, i'd like to maintain stock height at normal pressure or somewhere near it.

is there anyway i can do this on all four corners and not notch my frame or anything?

G
#4 ·
air ride technologies can answer all your questions...my suggestions is air bar in the rear and shockwaves up front...you will HAVE to cut the frame in the front no matter how you do it to make room for the air bag

#5 ·
lowsdime said:
air ride technologies can answer all your questions...my suggestions is air bar in the rear and shockwaves up front...you will HAVE to cut the frame in the front no matter how you do it to make room for the air bag
he is right, if you are not willing do do any cutting and modifying... then dont even bother with the bags.

BUt if you are willing to do some minor cutting and welding then you can enjoy the ride of bags. for the front, all you would have to do is cut the bottom lip off the spring pocket for clearense reasons, and then weld on a shock relocator bracket on the back side of the A arm. the rear all you would need to do is remove the bumpstop bracket, and then add a small diameter bumpstop.

since you are not going to need drop spindles to get you to mother earth, you would able able to hit the switches and actually be higher than you would be at stcok height in the front. the rear you could go with a bolt onkit like the KP 6 six link, that will allow you to raise the rear of the truck up again to stock height, and also sitt the axle on the frame... youd be all set. then later on down the road, if you decided you wanted the truck to be able to lay frame, then all you would need to change would be.. add drop spindles to the front, and a notch to the rear.

#7 ·
something else to consider, if you plan on bagging but riding around at around stock height, thats gonna ride like sh*t compared to stock suspension. the bags filled all the way like that are going to ride stiff as hell typically somewhere in between full lock and full drop is where your gonna get that awesome quality ride, too high will be too stiff, too low you start bottoming out/smacking the ground

#11 ·
98sdime said:
he doesn't have to cut the front...airlift makes a kit where you don't have too...is it the gen1 or the gen2? i can't remember.
with any bag, dont care what kit it comes in, all kits have the same bags, you still have to cut the bottom lip off teh spring pocket. my buddy has the gen 2 kit, you just have to cut less because of the taller upper cup.

#17 ·
98layinframe said:
with any bag, dont care what kit it comes in, all kits have the same bags, you still have to cut the bottom lip off teh spring pocket. my buddy has the gen 2 kit, you just have to cut less because of the taller upper cup.
That is pure BS. The air lift "easy street" front kit has bags that are smaller then normal and you dont have to cut anything. I am takeing mine out soon and will sell it. BTW, it comes with bolt on shock relocators

#20 ·
yeah i was cheap and i didn't buy spindles on that one, and i cut the bumpstops off. it would rest the axle on the frame, i dunno, it was nice, i didn't get that low but i could still drop it on folks

#21 ·
98layinframe said:
The Easystreet Gen I kit does not require any cutting at all. It used a 2b6 standard bag (much smaller than the extended bag that comes with the Gen II kit), and taller cups. The bag in that kit doesn't even come close to touching the spring pockets, but it also doesn't get a ton of lift, or provide for much drop...

#26 ·
futuresweets10 said:
That is pure BS. The air lift "easy street" front kit has bags that are smaller then normal and you dont have to cut anything. I am takeing mine out soon and will sell it. BTW, it comes with bolt on shock relocators
I think its that the upper cups are like 4" tall, thats why you don't have to cut..it keeps the bags out of the spring pocket. I have the kit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.