S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
ZQ8 2001
901 Posts
do you want to run tru dual exhuast or do you want to run it through a y pipe? the second is easy to do, just get a flowmaster 40 series 2 chamber muffler with a 2.5" inlet and dual outlets. I dont think you can run a seperate down pipe, cat and muffler on an S10, there is no room on the driver's side due to the fuel tank.

·
xtreme nutcase
487 Posts
just curious. will i loose back pressure if i install 1-in 2-out 40 series flowmaster?

also, do i need an offset-in dual-out or center-in dual out muffler?

one more thing, i know the inlet is 2.5", what size are the outlet 2.5"each or 2.25"each?

i appreciate any comments.:D :D :D

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
flowmasters

my truck has a 40 series 2 chamber flowmaster that stops just after the cab. it has one 3 in and two 2 1/2 out. that setup hauls ass if you have a cold air intake. everyone thinks it is a v8:evilg:

·
xtreme nutcase
487 Posts
thats what i'm going to do, dual slash cut 3" tips out back...you can read my mind. although, i'm using dual 2.25" instead of dual 2.5".

·
General L33
1,947 Posts
ya mean like this....

Here's a pic of my setup, not the best in the world, had an old drunk guy doing it... 2 chamber flowmaster for fullsize chevy. 3in inlet, dual 2 1/2 outs going to 3x24in tips. lost a little low end, but edelbrock headers made up for it, it will pull on top end.

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
thats what i mean if hes going from a 2.5 to a 2.5out he ehs droping a size be sides it would be louder to and deaper.

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
slash cut pipes

i had the slash cut tips on there and the i cut the pipes out to do a step notch and 4 link. i only noticed a louder sound, but little if any tone change. picked up a lil in the mid and upper part of the power band. a helix bore throttle spacer brought low end waaay up.:idea:

X

·
0 Posts
I have a Flowmaster 40-series (Non-deltaflow!) 3" in, two 2.5" out. I have 3" cutoff tips exiting behind the truck. When I got the exhuast installed, I didn't notice any loss of power.

P

·
0 Posts
ok, so can someone tell me what would be the loudest? after i get my dent fixed im going to get new exhaust for my 4.3. I just need something to copy and paste :idea: i want it loud! (not catback though)

·
Registered
40 Posts
i thought about cuting off my cat but i have a o2 censer after the cat it will throw off me computer .becides there talking about starting emecions test.but if they dont i may cut it so what can ido about the o2cens.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts