S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I know there have been post about this, but I just wanna make sure before i go purchase.

I have a 99 S-10, bagged up...blah blah blah. Anyways...I'm going to be buying my spindles for the front, carrier bearing x-member,a nd new shocks for the rear....and need to know what exact size tire to get for my stock rims so that I can lay out COMPLETELY, without having to cut ANYTHING. I was told that I need a 195/60/15 or a 205/60/15, but I'll prolly go with the 195 cuz they r cheaper. I just need to know if I can put these tires on and lay my frame hard as hell on the floor without cutting anything. I saw a thread awhile ago with a guy laying out completely with 195/50/15......but i dont know about buying 50's i'd rather have 60's. Lemme know guys......cuz I don't plan on cutting anything. So will a 195/60/15 get me flat on the ground without hacking anything.........thanks guys.....LATE.....WILLIE

·
Registered
14,881 Posts
well it depends on what you mean by not cutting anything.. if your all ready bagged.. didnt you cut out the front spring pocket? and if so, was the pocket cut enough to allow the arm clearense? if you didnt notch the frame or cut the hump off the lower a arm, the truck still will not lay out, it will still about 1/2" off the ground in the front.

now I assuming you mean not wanting to cut out the inner fenders or anything, a 205/60/15 or even a 195/60/15 will work just fine, i wouldnt go with a 50 series tire, that would just look dumb on that small of a wheel.

the back is a different story.. if you didnt even put a bolt in notch.. i dont even think you could lay with a 195/60/15. you will want a small notch for the rear.

dont be affraid to cut a little!!

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
205-60 will work perfectly... thats what I got. You'll be able to lay with that, and a bolt in notch in the back.. tho u may lay gas tank, not frame, in the back.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys......and the answer is YES...i am bagged and the front spring pocket is cut and i have 8" notch in the rear. When i meant "not cut anything" i meant anything in addition to what has already been hacked (inner fenders, rear fender lip...ect). I dont wanna do anything else. but as far as the main stuff i already got it done. The spring pockets have been cut and everything to lay. The guy who installed my setup made it so it would be ready to layout on 18's with rubber bands...haha. So basially i just wanted to kno what size tire on my stockies would get me on the floor till i can rob a bank and buy my 18's. But for now...thanks 98LayinFrame and SlammedDime....you guys always get me through my stupid times...haha. I guess imma go with the 195/60/15's for now. Thanks...WILLIE

·
Registered
14,881 Posts
well if you already have the notches, and everything is cut out, i would get the 205/60/15's they are a little taller and little wider tire. the truck will lay just fine with them. besides i have a 215/60/15 on my truck, and the rear lays hard, and the front is about 1/4" from laying(sits on the tires). the larger the tires the more rim you will tuck.
good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts