Teh S10Forum Hawk
14,000 Posts
do you have a 2.2 or a 4.3?

flowmaster 40 series sounds really nice

·
No more switches
13,451 Posts
magnaflow

i know flowmaster has a new muffler coming out it sounds freaking awesome. if u have a 2.2 dont waste ur money. they all sound ricey to me. turbo muffs are ok because they are quiet.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
let me clarify.. i don't want an annoyingly loud muffler, just one with a deep tone (good for a truck) with performance boost.

·
The Dave Inc.
11,720 Posts
CustomS10 said:
magnaflow

i know flowmaster has a new muffler coming out it sounds freaking awesome. if u have a 2.2 dont waste ur money. they all sound ricey to me. turbo muffs are ok because they are quiet.
new muffler? when? where can i hear it? where can i see it?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i listened to the new flowmaster sounds, but sounds more like a racecar. something deeper would be better. anyone know of such?

·
Registered
211 Posts
well if you don't want something too loud get a flowmaster 40.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I was in the same situation. I went with the Flowmaster 40 and very happy with the results. At low rpm's sounds great, deeper than stock but not at all loud.

·
Registered
293 Posts
If you are looking for something that is not loud inside the vehicle but has a nice deep sound to it and has more performance to it than a stock muffler try looking at a Thrush Turbo. I switched from a Flowmaster 40 to the Thush Turbo and couldn't be happier. When I have my exhaust done the first time I told the exhaust shop what kind of sound and performance I was looking for. I let them design the system, (remember that they are suppose to be the professionals) and this is what they come up with. Flowmaster 2 1/2 single inlet/outlet with 2 1/2 pipe out the stock location. I was told that this is the muffler EVERYONE is running and loves them. First off I am not everyone, I am an individual and second after a year of putting up with a sound that I didn't care for and interior drone that I hated I decided to invest some money and get the type of system that I wanted. I went with 2 1/2" single inlet/outlet Thrush Turbo split into 2 1/2" duals with 45 degree angle cut 3" tips out the corners. This set up has a nice low rumble at idle and is not loud while cruising, but wakes up under heavy acceleration. Personally I would rather surprise someone at a stop light rather than anouncing myself with a loud exhaust. To me an exhaust system is as individual as you are and you need to design one that sounds and performs the way that you want it to, not everyone else. Just my .02

·
Registered Loser
1,353 Posts
Magnaflow!! Out flows just about everyone...quieter than Flowmaster, deeper than Flowmaster. What else do you need?

·
Registered
211 Posts
dynomax bullet outflows the magnaflow.....but the mag is a close second.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts