1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Awww..you ain't got shit!
3,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
855 Posts
I wanna see how many knocks were generated and how lean that engine is running.....when you get that computer hooked up...

·
3,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's on my list of things to do man. I think it's running rich not lean. I actually have some weekend days off now that I don't have any weddings to play in the band until August or September. Appreciate you making the cable and will see soon!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Maybe later.
9,335 Posts
Wow. Thats amazing.

I can do a burn out in gravel with the Weber now. GO me!

·
Boozebag
8,995 Posts
Aaaaahhhh... the smell of burning rubber.... :p:rotf:

·
3,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wish it had audio...that thing is kinda loud...Makes it seem even more badass...haha!

Honestly? That thing with the 2.8 and the Holley ran pretty solid too. That wheel spin and sideways action you see when I stomp it and it's already moving? That did not happen with the 2.8. But you could power brake it and spin the living shit of them. The 2.8 is actually pretty solid when it can breathe.

Max...what would you say the difference is between the 2.8 with the Weber and the 2.8 with the Holley is..? I know you have driven both versions?

·
Boozebag
8,995 Posts
JK, the Weber has more low end punch. Much better for burn outs...:haha:

Once you get the engine winding, the Holley is better, but it runs out of (stock) cam too soon. The stock valve springs also float around 5K RPM (if your engine will wind that far under load).

The Voodoo truck has a built in rev limiter... the valves float at about 5500 RPM :p. but it will turn both 17" Michelin weenies for about 60 feet. The Holley works super on that rig.

I think for a stock motor or close to stock, the Weber is a better choice.

·
Registered
256 Posts
The 4.3 is nice. I had a '90 S10 with that in it .

·
3,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The 4.3 is nice. I had a '90 S10 with that in it .
This a 3.4! :D Honestly? It will smoke any 4.3 truck I ever had. And I've had a 95, 01, and two 00 Blazers. It's crazy the power that thing develops and it's the same physical size as that old 2.8 that I had that took 23 seconds to get to 60 with the stock carb. I wish I was joking about that.

Thanks Max. I'd never driven one with a Weber. Knew a guy that had one on a Jeep with the 2.8 Chevy engine. He said it ran pretty good vs stock.

I found that exact thing about the Holley on the 2.8 stock. Pulled HARD to about 4500, and then a sharp drop off in power. But what a difference in power that carb made for that little motor. Really the main difference is how hard the truck pulls from a dead stop with the 3.4 vs the 2.8 and how it continues to pull past the 2.8 (when the 2.8 says "we're done here dude". The 2.8 could spin them real easy. The 3.4 can slay em!

I'd probably went with the Weber if I had to do it all over again just for ease of installation. The Holley was a bastard. Holley's instructions were crappy at best. And that installation "kit"? What a f*cking piece of shit. None of the modifications like cutting the factory valve cover brackets off to make it fit for instance were mentioned. It wasn't the most fun thing to install.

·
Maybe later.
9,335 Posts
All blazers I've driven are way slower then the pickup couterparts. Additional weight, more compliant stuff, ect. They're slow as fukc. lol. I had an 00 Xtreme Extended Cab 4.3 Auto and it could spin forever and had loads of power.

My 2.8 85 Blazer 2dr 4WD feels faster then my 2002 4.3 Blazer 4dr 4WD but it's not. The 2.8 is just punchier and less smooth on the power delivery end. (Really every end lol)

·
Registered
817 Posts
hell my 88 s10 blazer will smoke tire with a modded 2.8 lol.... and not power breaking ether.

but not with the sticky tires i have now, it will just launch hard.

but i dont do it anymore. i try and take care of it, baby it...
now i drive LOW AND SLOW. people dont like me... lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
7 Participants
blazed2
S-10 Forum
S10forum is the community to discuss the S-Series, Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon. Join to discuss rebuilds, modifications, tech articles and more!
Full Forum Listing