S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
TRUCK FOR SALE!!
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I found a very good condition s-10 blazer 4x4 with the W code 4.3L engine. I heard FROM MY MECHANIC that the W code 4.3L's have cronic fuel injection problems, and it comes with a $1,500 repair bill. Is there any truth to this matter or is it just BS? I really need to know because I really like this blazer, but I am just worried about getting into college and it fockin up on me and not having the money to pay for it.

PLEASE LET ME KNOW!

·
Insane Network Engineer
5,965 Posts
If they're talking about the CPI (92-95 vin W) there are little probs with the fuel injection... The CPI unit usually lasts to around 120000 miles, a new one runs about 280 at most auto parts store (nut kit is about 45.00 at the dealer)... You can replace it yourself quite easily with nothing more than an 8mm socket and a deepwell 10mm in about a half hour... Outside of that the engine has no more difficulty than most other ones...:bugeye:

·
TRUCK FOR SALE!!
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok so it is worth it for a mint condition 4x4 auto w code blazer with 155k miles?

·
TRUCK FOR SALE!!
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no rlith i mean if the fuel injection goes it may cost me almost 1500.

·
Trance is what I breathe
926 Posts
Thats what he is saying... It wont cost you $1500 to replace the fuel injection pod... As soon as I get myself the $250 im going to replace mine... Its worth it... you can do it yourself for $220-$350 or you can have a mechanic do it for like $600

1 - 8 of 8 Posts