S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you like your Vortech s/c...I have been hearing bad things about the powerdyne...I am now looking at the Vortech s/c but I know that its not as good as the procharger which is expensive...Please let me know what you think...For guys that have dynoed it, I want to know how much hp did you gain with the charger...Also, I want to know times at the track with all your mods...All my mods are in my sig so if you guys have the same mods with the Vortech s/c please let me know...Thanks

·
Blown ex ***
5,710 Posts
the Vortech kit does what it was designed to do very well, add about 75hp.

the Mach kit also does what it was designed to do very well ,add more hp than the vortech kit. thats why it cost more. but its worth the extra money.

you will have to remove a few of your mods with either of these kits.

i have a vortech, but mine is not a vortech kit, well, not anymore anyway. i modified it. so don't use my #'s as typical.

also, do a search = more than you will want to read.

·
Registered
940 Posts
when i bought my vortech i loved it just like jess said it did what is was suppose to do, at the same time i had headers installed and a new clutch and prob picked up close to 90 + rwhp, one of the trucking magazines did a write up on it a couple years ago with the whole instal, they did a before and after dyno, the truck was bascially stock as far as performance goes and they picked up 88 rwhp i believe i have to dig out, the article to be sure. what i find funny is alot of guys on here will bash everything but the procharger but have never had a supersharger on an s-10, my advice is just talk to the guys who actually own or have run them.

·
Vortech power not Vtec!
957 Posts
I had a powerdyne before and ran 15.6ET on a very good day. I had no problems with it and worked perfect. I sold it to get something faster. I bought a Vortech and i can tell you that vortech took alot more time in engineering these kits on our trucks. Seems like they fit right in our engine bays. When i got my vortech, i also added 3" pipping, 3" high flow cat, and 3" magnaflow muffler w/turndown and i already had a custom y-pipe made and jba headers. With my powerdyne i had stock piping except for the custom y-pipe and jba headers, stock cat, and flowmaster with turndown. Ive only ran my truck once at the track with the vortech on a real shitty day. Ran 15.8ET. I know it can go alot faster than that. It feels alot faster than my powerdyne thats for sure.
n/a i dynoed 158rwhp
with vortech 234rwhp
Soo i picked up 76 rwhp like they advertise :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts