S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Resident Mechanic
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been running this thought thru my head alot lately, getting the vortech super charging kit for my truck, then taking the vortech aftercooler for the superduty ford truck and sticking it on which i have looked at several pictures of this and it is very possible with little mods, what i am wondering it since the super charger by itself adds 73hp and 64lbs. of torque what will be added with the aftercooler it claims to add like 55+ hp along with the supercharger on the superduty and additional torque what would be the gains on a 4.3? also with the aftercooler i can up the boost some

·
Registered
96 Posts
Fast98SS350 said:
I have been running this thought thru my head alot lately, getting the vortech super charging kit for my truck, then taking the vortech aftercooler for the superduty ford truck and sticking it on which i have looked at several pictures of this and it is very possible with little mods, what i am wondering it since the super charger by itself adds 73hp and 64lbs. of torque what will be added with the aftercooler it claims to add like 55+ hp along with the supercharger on the superduty and additional torque what would be the gains on a 4.3? also with the aftercooler i can up the boost some
You could do that or you could use the ATI, we have done it to several vehicles. Its not that hard to do.

·
Resident Mechanic
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Heh i dont exactly have 5000 or i would get yals kit:(

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I read in street trucks magazine (I think) that the vortech superchager added to the 4.3 97 horsepower to the wheels and 102lbs of torque. It ran the after cooler.
It was installed on an 99 sonoma for a guy who worked for hotwheels.
:thumbup:

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
Turbo S10 Xtreme said:
I read in street trucks magazine (I think) that the vortech superchager added to the 4.3 97 horsepower to the wheels and 102lbs of torque. It ran the after cooler.
It was installed on an 99 sonoma for a guy who worked for hotwheels.
:thumbup:
i read that article and i dont think it was after cooled.

·
Resident Mechanic
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was offered a dif job today that pays a little better than what i do now i may be gettin ur entire kit anyways hehe

·
Registered
205 Posts
How much for an aftercooler, Mach? I just got a Vortech supercharger for the LT1 that is going in my 94 S10 and will definitely need one. Here is a little background on how the engine will be built:

1996 Lt1
Ported heads
Ported intake
Monoblade throttle body
Custom ground Ultradyne camshaft for my combination
Going to be running 10 pounds of boost
Custom burned PCM by Ed Wright
Bottom end should be irrelevant but Yes, it willl be more than capable of holding the boost even with the 10.3-1 compression.

What cooler do you recommend and how much? You can E mail me at [email protected]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts