S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to buy a Vortec 350 to put into my 2000 2.2 auto.

Since I cannot use the 2.2 wiring, would it be better to get the wiring from a 4.3 and modify it or should I get an engine/transmission with the wiring and ECM?

Also, the engine I am eyeing is from a 98 Van... do all the Vortec engines have the same accessory mounting bracket setup?

Finally, I heard alot about the VATS on the full sive trucks... is there a module or component that I need from the donor vehicle to make the engine run?

Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Have someone make you a harness like LHT, and besides what everyone says about them, they do awesome work and are a great bunch of people.

·
Registered
138 Posts
pkoerbitz said:
Have someone make you a harness like LHT, and besides what everyone says about them, they do awesome work and are a great bunch of people.
I'd like to correct my pervious statement, it is not LHT it is Current Performance Wiring.

Sorry Jared. :burnout:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Been pricing those damn Vortec motors here in Orlando... Complete engine / tranny pullout running 2000.00 and up. Does that sound about right? Also, VERY FEW yards have the 5.7

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
$2k actually sounds about right.
If you were starting with a 4.3, you would be much better off. Not only would you just need an engine without accessories or transmission, but you could sell the 4.3 for a lot more than you'll ever get for that 2.2

1 - 5 of 5 Posts