S-10 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Resident Mechanic
365 Posts
yea its just like just about all GM cars over seas have 5.7 corvette engines in them...... i dont see why these people need these fast cars and truck since they drive camels! if gm only offered that as a crate engine

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
how bout the fact that they STILL offer the chevy LUV?!?!?!?!:confused: :bash:

·
Registered
6,374 Posts
less strict emission policies and bullsh1t like that make horsepower much easier to gain... you could pull that power form your 4.3 if you could legally do to your engine what they can over there

·
2,186 Posts
HUTcH said:
less strict emission policies and bullsh1t like that make horsepower much easier to gain... you could pull that power form your 4.3 if you could legally do to your engine what they can over there
thats nothing, try living here in cali! it suck a fat shlong with these strict emmissions laws!:bash:

·
Registered
6,374 Posts
MightyMouseJ5 said:

thats nothing, try living here in cali! it suck a fat shlong with these strict emmissions laws!:bash:
no thanx dallas is strict enough so my truck is registered out of the city hehehehehe

·
Registered
6,374 Posts
MightyMouseJ5 said:

thats also one of the big reasons i would never move to cali... too damn strict f0ck em

·
2,186 Posts
yeah, but it is nice in the part that i am cause i am 3 hours fom snow or the beach!:thumbup:

·
Registered
6,374 Posts
MightyMouseJ5 said:
yeah, but it is nice in the part that i am cause i am 3 hours fom snow or the beach!:thumbup:
yeh that is nice im 12 hours form snow and 5 from beaches

·
A Constant Work in Progress
1,088 Posts
Yeah....I love (well maybe not to that extreme) where I live. I'm bout 2-3 hrs from Myrtle Beach and 2-3 hrs from the mountains and snow in Virginia. Now if I could just get some time outta school to hit the snow I'd be ok (if there is any). Here it is, almost Dec. and it's still 80 here. That's outragous.

·
Registered
6,374 Posts
fock here in Dalla swe are expecting snow tomorrow that is fuct up... snow isnt suppposed to fall her eand if it does not til late jan early feb grrrrr

·
Resident Mechanic
365 Posts
as long as u dont have to go in for testing or ur testin is only like one every 3 years then ur fine to do "illegal" mods like umm make ur cat runaway or tinker with EGR hell theres tons of small stuff u can do

·
Registered
12,726 Posts
also over there in saudi where that link is for they run leded gas. big diff no emissions **** no cat no nothing.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Just curious?

What parts go into these engines that make them more powerful?

·
Registered
32 Posts
lol-they got you!

hmmmm....

Thats 373 Newton Meters of torque, if you look. To convert this to foot pounds, we need to do some conversions. First, 1 NM = 1 joule. 1J=.7376 ftlbs. So, 373*.7376 = 275.12 ftlbs. This is better than what is avaible to us, but not that much.

Sigh, what I would give for a Caddy Catera with an LS1. Rear wheel drive, 345 hp, leather, OnStar, Bose....sigh. Lucky damn Europeans.

Nat

·
2,186 Posts
Re: lol-they got you!

BlackGriffin said:
hmmmm....

Thats 373 Newton Meters of torque, if you look. To convert this to foot pounds, we need to do some conversions. First, 1 NM = 1 joule. 1J=.7376 ftlbs. So, 373*.7376 = 275.12 ftlbs. This is better than what is avaible to us, but not that much.

Nat
so should we call you Mr. Wizzard, Bill Nye, or Beakman? LMAO:thumbup:

·
Registered
32 Posts
lol, Nat would be fine

Hah!

I am in an applied physics class in school, and that kind conversion we do all the time. I wish we would convert everything to the metric system-the english is a lot harder to understand and convert. Oh well.

Nat

1 - 18 of 18 Posts